10

At school on Monday, Rose and I walked in hand in hand followed by Thomas and Chase. If people want to call us a freakshow then they can. We are determined to put on the best "freakshow" they have ever seen. All of the students stared as we walked through the doors. Since this wasn't the first time our group ignored it. We knew that we were going to get looks and people might come up to us or shout insults at us. Thomas, Chase, Lynn and I were ready for it.
After walking in and splitting up with our loved ones, I walked to my homeroom and sat down. It was me and one other girl who always arrived a little bit after me. She was shy, always got the required work done, never got high honors but never failed. She never drew any attention to herself. I think her name was Sandy.
"Um... hi... I saw you and your friends the other day at the ball and I just want to say that I support you guys. You and your girlfriend Rose are adorable together. You four actually inspired me to find myself and helped me to realize my sexuality. I was always confused but now I know who I am and I'm happy with myself. Thank you for coming out because it helped me to find who I am," Sandy explained.
"Wow, thank you I guess. I mean, I don't think any of us meant to inspire people but it's good to know that there are supporters out there among all of the haters so thank you. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm all ears," I responded. After I finished she walked back to her desk and sat back down. And the teacher began taking attendance.