Chapter 2

Justin's POV

"Justin, your phone's ringing," Scooter's husky voice rang through the recording booth.

"Just lemme lay down this track, if it's important they'll leave a message."

"No Justin, you need to take this call," Scooter replied calmly. Sighing I took off my headphones, sprinting towards my phone before it stopped beeping, and without checking the number I hit answer. I mean it must be someone pretty damn important if Scooter told me to stop working so I could take the call.

"Hello?" I could hear soft sobs on the other end of the phone. Confused I pulled the phone away from my ear, looking at the screen to see a few numbers printed across the top. Who in the world was calling me?

"J-Justin?" a voice finally spoke up. I could faintly recognize the voice but just couldn't pin point the person it belonged to.

"I'm sorry who is this?"

"It's D-Demi." My heart stopped. My body became numb. My surroundings blurred as I clutched my phone tightly in my hand.

"Oh my god," I mumbled to myself but unfortunately Demi caught it.

"I know this is s-sudden but I didn't k-know who to call, and I-I," she started rambling, sobs escaping her lips.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Did something happen?" I instantly went into over-protective mode. Yeah we may have broken up 4 years ago but that didn't mean I didn't care any less about her than I did when we were dating. To be honest I never got over her. I tried dating around; moving on. But ever since the break-up I've had a bad habit of comparing my new relationships to my relationship with Demi. Sadly none came close to touching what Demi and I had. That's the reason I'm currently single. Demi was, and is, the only girl I want.

"J-Justin," she cried, gasping for breath. That's when the anxiety set in.

"Baby where are you?" I panicked, too busy worrying about her to even noticing the word of endearment slip out of my mouth.

"T-Texas Children's H-Hospital," she croaked, "Sorry I g-gotta go. Just f-forget I called."

"I'll be there in 3 hours tops," I promised, ignoring her request while kicking Scooter's chair. He got the hint, and within minutes he had a flight booked for Kenny and I. Stuffing my phone in my pocket, I paced back and forth nervously waiting for Kenny to arrive. Little did I know this trip was going to turn my life upside down.