Chapter 06

A/N: You guys don't know how much I am enjoying writing this book. Anyways, the moment we had been waiting for has come! This chapter is a few thousand words longer than what I usually wrote.

Chapter 06
When Champions and Rivals Meet

First day of school, first day of class, Green Oak thought when he fixed his hair in the bathroom mirror. The last time he went to school was when he was ten. Since it wasn't a trainer's school, he was taught the simple stuff like algebra.

The trainer grabbed his bag and locked his door, where he was joined by the other rivals.

"N and I are in the 4th year," Green told. "And you guys?"

"Me and Wally are in 2nd," Silver told.

Pearl made a gesture to rip out his hair. "No way! I'm the only one who's in third?!" Wally sweat dropped and tried to comfort the dramatic blond.

"No one is actually in first year?" Silver asked.

"That's a good thing ain't it?" N sighed in relief. "Taco bell is a first year so if any one of us are in one class with her she will ask some weird questions."

Once they got to the elevator, accompanied by elevator music and talks about things they will cover in their first day. Mathematics was something but there were also other things that involves in their training program. Pearl still whine for the fact he was the only third year amongst the five. The rest told that they will bump into each other during lunch break or when they were having a free period.

Ding!

Green and the others walked out of the elevator to be greeted by Hoshino Arika as her usual self. "Hello there boys," she said.

"Morning," Green said.

Arika took out five silver badges in shape of the school's logo and handed to each of them. "Wear those at all times," she told. "The headmaster told me that all the boys in the fifth floor need to wear those as a marker. Marker of what? Something about being rivals... or something but if you want more clear information ask Headmaster Kouki yourselves."

Do they know? Green thought. The fact that Red was overly popular and the fact they were rivals was known for the people in Kanto. People from Pallet Town knew that better too. Green was the Grand League Champion but he wasn't the Champion of Kanto, that fact had been the reason for the rivalry between him and Red. He couldn't be beaten by anyone except Red.

The five rivals set their eyes on the giant notice board in front of the dorm.

"Ah, we're in the same class," N told Green.

Pearl went through the names for the third year, but he paused and paled as if he saw a ghost. Why would he be afraid of going through names. Green was about to ask until he heard Pearl mutter: "Why is he here?"

"Pearl, have you found your class?" Silver asked.

The blond went back to his normal cheerful self. "Y-yeah!"

The classes were arranged according to ranking. Class A was the top class while E was the lowest. Unexpectedly all the five of them were placed in the A class. So all of them were that strong, huh. The brunet glanced at Wally, the others he had expected them to be strong but not the green haired boy. This was his third time to underestimate people by their faces.

"Let's see which class Taco Bell got into," N said as he scrolled his eyes through the name list. "Let's see, Touka Hilbert... Hilbert, Hilbert...."

"Found her!" Wally said. "She's in Class 1-B."

"1-B, huh, not bad," N said.

"Hey, N, there's another Hilbert in class 1-A," Silver commented.