26.

Miles Carter

I found that drinking was a great way to subdue any feelings that came about when thinking about my secret child. I decided to call up Ava myself and schedule a meetup with her at this downtown restaurant and she said that she'd bring my 'Son' too.

I was seated under the floral gazebo sipping on an iced tea and I stared at her as she made her way through the crowd. Luckily I had on shades or she wouldn't have seen how many times I'd rolled my eyes.

Once she stepped away there was a little boy standing behind her leg. He was very skinny and actually did look like me. He had those signature freckles and my skin complexion. I smiled a little once I'd seen him.

"Sorry I'm late I had to stop for gas." She stressed as she took a seat. "Come on Chase sit right here."

The little boy took the seat next to her and laid his head on her arm.

"Wassup little man I'm miles and what's your name?"

He was silent and still hid behind his mama. It made me smile a little seeing how shy he was.

"Boy stop being so shy what's your name?" She asked while pushing him off of her causing him to giggle.

"I'm chase!" He said enthusiastically.

"It's nice to meet you chase, do you know who I am?"

"Yeah you're my dad." He said giving me a toothy smile. It's sad he knew about me but I didn't know about him.

"That's right, and how old are you?"

He smiled and held up five fingers. The timeline is about right I mean it has been that long since I'd last been with Ava.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I'm 27." I chuckled. He was very open minded like me and didn't care what he asked, but he's also really shy.

"So um how long...did you know?" I asked Ava. I took off the shades and placed them on the table and the sun glared off the lenses.

"Five years, before we uh separated." She said not making eye contact.

"Why you tell my parents, but didn't tell me?"

"I don't know I feel really stupid about the decision I made. It's my fault you missed out on all the things that happened with him like his first steps or his first birthday or his first day of kindergarten."

"And then you come up to my job and made a deal with me, why did you change your name in the first place?"

"I was in a really bad relationship and I just had to find a way to escape and I moved back here um I changed my name and I got the position at the magazine company with the snap of my fingers. And then I remembered that you were the CEO of our competition and that's when I met you again."

"I can't believe you right now, so what do we do going forward since I know for a fact that he's my son."

"Well I have something really important to tell you that I haven't told anyone else." She whispered. I wondered what was so important that she had to tell me that would make me change the way I felt about her.