CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.

Start from the beginning

"But why, mommy? I like my old school. Mrs apple, was the best teacher ever! She used to give me so many gold stars!" She gushed, her eyes lighting up.

"Yeah! And what about all my friends? I have a reputation to keep up, lady." Drew mumbled. I raised a brow.

"I mean, my lady." He added on in a mumble. I grinned, peering down at the two.

"I know Mrs apple was a nice teacher and she gave you gold stars, but so will the teachers here. She might even give you more." I trailed off, earning an interested look from Sophia.

"And friends? You'll make new ones, maybe even more. Don't worry Drew, your reputation back there will never be forgotten." I chuckled. He nodded with a proud smirk.

"Lastly...how dare he say you're no good?" I gasped playfully. Drew threw his hands into the air in expatriation, making Sophia and I, giggle.

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around Sophia and Drew's waist. They both gasped in surprise, before they suddenly were thrown over Eric's shoulder. I watched in amusement.

"I've got you both now." He playfully growled. They both giggled as he tickled them using his hands.

"Ma! Help...save us." Drew said between his laughter.

"Nobody can help you now." Eric whispered in a sinister tone, causing them to roar louder with laughter.

"Mommy! Please..." Sophia trailed off, giggling. Pursing my lips, I slowly approached them, before pushing Eric off them, making their laughter stop. They lay on their backs, heavily panting.

"Thanks for saving us." Drew sighed. Sophia nodded along in agreement. I chuckled, sitting down on my knees.

"No problem." I flipped my hair behind my shoulder, acting as if I was showing off. The kids, panted as they slowly sat up, drowsily smiling. The sudden reminder that they needed to be ready for bed, danced in my head.

"Okay, enough of fun and games - you two, go get ready for bed, now." I cocked my head over to the door. They both nodded, frowning slightly, before their eyes suddenly widened, both gasping in surprise.

"Ma! Watch out!" Drew rushed out. My brows and before I could comprehend his warning, I felt my body being thrown to the ground. I let out a surprised breath, my back meeting with carpentered ground.

My eyes widened as I peered up and into his powerful hazel orbs. A grin was etched onto his luscious pink lips. My heart was drumming fast from the sudden adrenaline. My eyes darted down to his lips, and his tongue flickered out, moisturising his lips.

"Who's gonna save you now, hero?" He playfully asked, and before I could register it, I felt hands meet with my body. The uncontrollable laughter fell from my lips as my body shook with tingles. His tickling fingers moved across my body, making me throw my head back in laughter.

"S-Stop...please." I breathed. 

"You're funny if you think I'd let you off so quickly." He growled, playfully. I laughed so hard, my stomach began to ache and my eyes pricked with tears.

"K-Kids! Help!" I breathed.

"Don't worry, Ma! I'll save you!" I heard Drew say and watched with a watery vision as he wrapped his arms around Eric's neck. His actions slowed down and he growled in dislike from Drew holding him back.

"I suggest you stop that, Drew. Or you're next." He grinned, devilishly. Slowly, I watched Drew's hands leave Eric's neck and he slowly backed away.

"No! D-Drew...help me!" I screamed, turning into laughter as his fingers worked faster.

"Sorry, Ma! But it's every man for himself!" Drew yelled, and the sound of his footsteps echoed in my ears.