Chapter 12: Trapped

Caged

Uneasy

Life keeps moving forward, keeps shifting. Time keeps ticking, the clock wheels turning and grinding, no halt in their movements.

But I feel as if time has stopped. My belly grows day by day, but I feel stuck, trapped, caged.

I'm guilt ridden.

Callum, so sweet, so caring, he's so wonderful to me, but has no clue what I'm keeping from him, no clue the information he may never know about me, that he may never know all of me as I learn new things about him day by day.

I'm unsure about our child. I worry what will become of it. Will the genes be predominately human... or wolf?

I can only hope for the former. I can only hope this little life won't ruin our chances of having a family, a life in this human world. I can only hope that we won't have to leave, to run away from Callum because of my twisted, hidden secrets.

"Robin?" I hear him calling from the front room.

"Yes?" I've been folding clothes, doing the laundry, cleaning the house, anything to keep myself busy while he's away. I've noticed that he seems to really like herbs, he has a small garden, he's very down to earth.

His head pops into the bedroom and he's by my side in no time. "You don't need to do this, Robin. You haven't been feeling well. I don't want you overexerting yourself." He's worried, frantic, pulling the clothes from my hands and sitting them to the side.

"I can't sit around and do nothing all day long... I wouldn't feel right about that. You're letting me sleep here for free, eat here for free, live here-"

Fingers against my lips, stopping my babbling, making me pause as he pulls me close, rubbing my back gently and whispering in my ear. "I just want you to feel safe and comfortable."

I know he's been feeling the tension in the air, but I can't help the jitters, the unwelcome feelings.

"I don't want to give you any troub-"

My face is squished to his shoulder, his hands plying into my hair, making me stop talking of my own accord as a groan leaves my lips. "You are the mother of my unborn child."

Big hands move down my body, making my stomach tingle and tighten as they wrap around my ever extending belly. It's been all of a week and I'm already starting to show.

"I know how down you've been feeling, Robin. I can feel the way you worry. It's hard to watch. I just want to see you relax. You are stressing yourself out. You are stressing the little one out." Gentle rubbing as I'm backed up towards the bed and then I'm swung up into his strong arms and placed under the covers.

"You look sickly. I want you in bed." He's feeling my forehead, scrunching his nose at the heat he feels coming off of me. "Don't move." His finger points my way, warning me not to get off the bed.

He walks away, his mop of curls swaying from the cool breeze blowing in through the window, pushing his scent closer to me as his body moves farther away.

I close my eyes and drift for a few seconds, thinking of how my life is going to play out, of how I will live without my wolf. I wonder if I will go crazy, if I will lose control, but I know I have to be strong if it comes to that. I have to be strong for Callum. I have to be strong for our child.

A cool rag is on my forehead now, making a sigh escape my lips. A kiss is placed against my cheek, my belly, hands rubbing along my legs, massaging them lightly.

"I'm worried about you, Robin. I think we should take you for a check up." His green eyes are pleadingwith me, but I could never agree to that.

"No. I'm fine. I promise. All the women in my family have horrid morning sickness." My eyes pleading back.

"You can't keep anything down and your weight isn't getting any better either, Robin bird." Strong hands massaging my feet, pulling the tiny ache out of them and giving me a warm glowing ball of feelings in the pit of my stomach.

"I'm fine."

"You've had a fever for weeks. I'm taking you to the doctor, Robin." He's firm, his eyes not wavering from mine, not glancing away even while looking into the eyes of an Alphas child.

"My aunt is my family doctor. She can take care of me. All we have to do is call her." I try to plead, but he won't listen.

"Robin, you know you can't go back home right now." He's sighing and I'm pleading, but he knows that my aunt only works on our family land. He knows she doesn't have an office or a practice per say and I have to wonder if he finds that odd because if he does he hasn't mentioned it.

"Please don't make me go. All I need is you. All I need is your touch."

Sighs are falling from his lips, his frustration with me clear. I feel lips near my ear, kissing my neck and then whispering. "You're going."

No room for argument. I don't have the power to back up my own words as our baby grows day by day, depleting my strength, taking my confidence.

Weak

Lost

Trapped

Im unable to protect myself right now. My mate is supposed to care for me, to protect me in this delicate time, but Callum is not my mate, as much as I wish he could be and I'm not sure how I can get out of this one.