Chapter 4

Elena above

*4 weeks later*

"Take it!" Elena said as she thrust a grocery bag in my arms.

"This is the one test I'm hoping to fail" I muttered to myself as I snatched the pregnancy test from her insistent hands and trudged to the bathroom.

For the past two weeks I had been feeling nauseas, been constantly tired and had missed my period. I had decided enough was enough and faced the harsh reality that I had most likely gotten pregnant by the man who shattered my heart, my mate. Of course when I realised I freaked out and called Elena who immediately rushed to my aid by buying the test.

I had finally broken down and explained to her the whole mate situation when she kept asking why I was so heartbroken. She went into a rage, screaming the number of different ways she would murder him. I had to calm her down and remind her that was our future alpha she was threatening to kill. She had turned to me smiled softly and said that she would do anything for me, even if it meant being sentenced to death after killing the alphas heir. In that moment I knew that no matter what I could always count on her and that she would forever be my one true soulmate.

Knowing I had to do it now or I would never gather enough courage to do it again, I quickly took the test and walked out of the bathroom. As soon as my feet touched the wooden floorboards of my room Elena rushed over.

"Well, what does it say? Are you pregnant?" she breathed out.

"I dont know, idiot, it takes five minutes." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Right I knew that" Elena muttered under her breath, blushing furiously.

We both walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge. My heart was beating so hard against my ribs I thought they would break. My breathing was ragged and I could feel the sweat rolling down my forehead.

"What happens if I really am pregnant?" I shakily asked her, my voice small.

"Al's you know I'll always be here for you, after all I will be the childs favourite aunty." She flipped her hair over her shoulder before laughing loudly.

"You will be her only aunty considering neither I nor Caiden have any sisters", I laughed along with her, my mood brightening instantly.

"Exactly so I will be there to babysit and help you with whatever you need." She smiled over at me, excitement twinkling in her eyes.

Just as I go to reply a beeping noise sounded throughout the now silent room. I slowly flickered my eyes to the test in my hands, my attention focusing on the two little lines that confirmed the life growing inside me. I lifted my head up, my eyes meeting Elena's and whispered,

"I'm pregnant."