Chapter 3

Alice above

I woke up the next morning to a cold bed. Sitting up with a start I see Caiden walking around putting his clothes on.

"What are you doing?" I questioned confused.

"Leaving" He answered in a cold voice.

"What, why?" I said quickly standing up.

He sighed heavily then turned around slowly. "Look last night was fun and all but it's never going to happen again so let it go."

"Wait, what are you talking about? We're mates." I said trying to keep myself together.

"I don't do the whole 'mates' thing OK. Just forget this ever happened and let it go. Don't ever bother me again." My heart broke into a million pieces when he said that.

There was tears streaming down my face and I clutched at my heart feeling the rejection slowly seep in. Through blurry eyes I watched him walk out the door. 

I hurriedly threw my clothes on and ran down the stairs, wiping away my tears . On my way I bumped into my one of my friends, Kat. I quickly pulled her to the side and asked if she could drive me home. When she said yes I nearly squealed with joy. 

***

When we finally reached my house I mumbled a quick thank you, then rushed out of the car. I ran into the house ignored my parents questions and went to my room, slamming my door behind me. I collapsed onto my bed in a pool of tears, completely heartbroken.

***

I woke up with a burning, piercing pain in my abdomen and I just knew he was sleeping with somebody else. I curled into a ball trying to ignore the pain. After a while the pain stopped and I could breath properly. I had sweat rolling down my face from withholding my screams of agony. I uncurled myself and slowly walked into my bathroom, looking at the stranger in the mirror. She had deep bags under her eyes, hair that resembled a rats nest and overall looked like a homeless person. I sighed and hopped in the shower scrubbing my body from last nights events.

I still couldn't believe he rejected me. I wondered what was so wrong with me. Was I not skinny enough? Did I not hold a good enough position in the pack? Before I knew it I was breaking down in tears again. I hated being so weak but I couldn't help it. My soul had been ripped from my body and I felt like a shell. I was dead inside.