The 'perfect' surprise

Requested by @stay_strong415, I hope you like it! ♥️
Imagine: Joker getting you a puppy, but he becomes jealous when you pay more attention to it than him.
Warnings: weapons (not used though)

"Y/N, I got ya something." Joker stood in the door way to the room you shared, while your eyes were glued to your phone.

"Really?" You question, raising your eyebrows with excitement.

"Yep, want to know what it is?" He chuckled at your eager-like expression.

"Yes!" You jump off the bed, hurrying over to where J stood.

"Alright, c'mon then." He took your hand in his and lead you down stairs to the lounging area.

"Close your eyes..." He whispered lightly.

You roll your eyes.

"Why do-"

"Close them!"

You listened to his orders and placed you hands over your eyelids. You heard shuffling. It sounded a lot like cardboard.

"Now put your arms out." You could hear the excitement in his raspy voice.

You stretched your arms out, and you felt something fluffy being placed gently into them. You heard panting and instantly opened your eyes to be surprised with a brand new puppy.

"Oh my god, no way!" You squealed with excitement as you hugged the pup tightly.

"It's for when I'm not here." Joker gave a bright smile, rubbing your arm.

You sent him a grateful grin and kissed his warm, pale cheek.

You were smooching your puppy on the couch, and Joker glared with an angered look on his face.

"Hey..." You lean forward, letting the puppy flop around in your arms.

"What?" Joker snarled, playing with the sharp knife in his hand.

You could tell Joker was jealous, and he was since you were showing the dog more love than him. He was out of the house anyways; going to meetings, heists blah blah blah.

"Are you okay?" You turned red as he gritted his metal grills at the small, fluffy pup you were still holding close to you.

"No." He squinted his eyes, breathing heavy.

"W-what's wrong, J?"

Joker pointed his knife at the pup in a threatening way.

"Don't." You hiss at Joker. "He didn't do anything to you."

Joker stood up viciously fast and slammed the tip of the knife into the Coffee table that was separating the couches.

"That, THING, is distracting you from me!" He pointed his index finger at the puppy harshly. "That stupid, ugly mutt!" Joker shouted, frightening you and your pet to the core.

"Hey, hey! Calm down J. Here, hold him please."

He was clearly mad, but maybe holding the animal would help him. Maybe help him to understand why you loved it so much.

You walked over to Joker who was gripping his bright green hair, almost ripping it out of his scalp.

"Y/N, I don't want to-"

You shoved the puppy into his chest, and Joker caught the puppy before it fell.

"See, that's not so bad." You giggle at how cute the sight was. Joker holding a puppy, that doesn't happen often.

"Y/N, I really don't want to hold it." He stretched his arms out to see the full view of the little fluff ball.

"J, do it for me. please." You grip his strong arm.

Joker huffed in irritation and pulled the puppy to his chest.

"Pat it." You smile sweetly.

And he did, just for you.