January

////

Remember when I first met Ryland? Last January at the coffee shop by my old apartment.

It's been exactly a year since I met him. Today was the day a year ago, I met Ryland. A month ago today was the day Ryland left me on Christmas morning.

So, I got up and went to the coffee shop.

I put on my beanie, jeans, UGG boots, and layers of shirts and coats. It was very very cold.

I grab my phone, then start walking to the coffee shop.

I smile as I walk through the door, the same way I did a year ago.

But then I spot Ryland, drinking what looks like a peppermint mocha, in the same spot he had sat when we were here.

Then I see a girl... with a peppermint mocha..

"Wow." I whisper to myself, making Ryland look over at me.

"Marissa?" He questions.

"Hey Ryland.." I awkwardly wave, tears in my eyes.

I still can't believe he did that to me, I loved him.

"How are you doing?" He asks, standing up to hug me.

"Don't touch me." I whisper growl, the girl staring at us.

"Marissa, I'm sorry." Ryland says.

"Stop it." I plead.

"I'm so so sorry. I wasn-" I cut him off.

"I was never ready for you to leave. I loved you Ryland, I thought you loved me too! But Christmas morning, you weren't there. I called Johnson, I called Stassie! Do you know how much you hurt me?" I laugh, starting to cry.

"I'm sorry."

"That's all you have to say?! You're sorry? You're sorry for breaking my heart? Then you come here, where we met and doing the same thing to this innocent girl?!" I shout.

"I regret it."

"I regret you."

/////

That was the month I went back to the coffee shop where we met, and found you sitting there with someone else.

The End.