"Smart gal. It's about time you got one with a head on her shoulders." He scoffed. Miles gave off this look and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah I love this one a lot pops so don't run her off." Miles said while coming behind the counter and hugging me from behind.

"Don't worry baby I got you." He whispered in my ear. I guess he'd seen me frowning and knew what was about to happen if he didn't speak up.

"Okay dinner is ready whenever you guys are ready to eat." I smiled.

"Mmm what is it that you made?" His mom asked enthusiastically. I loved how sweet she was and so welcoming, but his father on the other hand...yeah it's gonna be a while before I get used to him.

"I made kimbop which is just Korean sushi and maple teriyaki salmon that I'd baked with rice."

"That sounds really good and I should take a guess that you're Korean right?"

"Yes my mom is Korean my dad is black." I laughed. "But I act more black than anything."

She burst into laughter and grabbed both of my hands.

"I really like you Melanie I think you're a wonderful woman, perfect for someone like my son." She made a face that caused me to laugh a little and miles smirked.

"Well I don't like her what if she leaves him like Ava?" His father scoffed. I knew that this was coming and Miles quickly stepped in before I said anything.

"Dad! What the hell? She's nothing like Ava you haven't even took the time to get to know her. She's pregnant with your grandchild."

"What if she cheated on you with someone else like how Ava did so you don't know if that damn baby is yours."

I was growing heated by the second. I felt my blood boiling and my hands were balling up making tight fists.

"What? What are you talking about?" Miles asked, now raising his voice and his veins popping out from his neck.

"Oh don't be so dumb son. Ava was pregnant before she left you she'd told your mother and I before she left."

There was a long silence and Miles stood there looking at the both of them with a mean glare. I looked up to see him pinching the bridge of his nose.

"So you mean to tell me, Ava could possibly have a child by me? And you didn't decide to tell me?"

"Trust me that baby is yours he looks just like you."

Miles squinted his eyes and started shaking his head and plopped down in a seat.

"It's a boy? I have a son?" He asked.

"Yeah, you have a son Miles." He said while patting his shoulder.

"Well how do I contact her? How could I contact her?"

"Last time we heard from her she sent us a picture in the mail from an address that she doesn't live in. We went by the house but a woman who was much bigger than Ava and seemed to have some kind of plastic surgery done said that Ava no longer lived there. Her name was Gina."

Miles froze up instantly.

"What's her last name?" He asked.

"Something like Vilara or Vanara-"

"Vaolara." He whispered. "Her last name is Vaolara. The woman that I took that deal from was Ava all along and I didn't even know."

"Baby what are you talking about?" I asked. I was really confused right now and my mind was all over the place.

"Remember that huge deal I took from my competition, well, that lady Gina Vaolara was Ava. Come to think about it it makes sense. If you rearrange Ava Langoria you get Gina Vaolara."

I understood what he was saying now, but why would she want to come back into his life right now?

"I think you guys should just leave, I'll talk to you later."

His parents looked at each other before sighing and standing to their feet. His dad looked at Miles and shook his head.

"Good luck, you're gonna need it." He smirked and left the room. His mom stood there with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you Miles we thought it was for the best."

"You could've told me Ma. I'm walking around here dumbfounded not knowing that I have another child somewhere and they don't even know who their father is."

"Well I have her number if you want it, I'll text it to you. I love you." She stood to her tippy toes and kissed his cheek, leaving behind a red lipstick print.

"I love you too." He said while clenching his teeth. I can tell that he was really heated right now and I know what's gonna happen after they leave.

She nodded and left the room and eventually we heard the door click, indicating she'd left. Miles' eyes were focused on the glass vase that sat on the tile countertop and the next thing I knew he picked it up and bashed it against the floor.

"Aghhhhh!" He yelled. He was really scaring me right now since I'd never seen him this violent. He started tossing silverware to the floor and knocked chairs over that were in his path.

I stood there shaking, afraid that he could possibly hurt himself or me in his fit of rage.

"Miles." I said softly while walking up behind him. He didn't move at first, but when he turned around, he was a complete mess. His eyes and cheeks were red like fire, sweat poured down his face, and his teeth were clenched tightly together.

"Miles baby just calm down it'll be okay...please just-"

"No! How the fuck did they know I had a son and didn't tell me then the bitch had the audacity to come to my place of business and make a deal with me? And then my father is just blatantly disrespecting you for no apparent reason."

"It's okay miles I'm fine, we're fine I just want you to calm down you're scaring me." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

He sighed and ran his hand across his forehead and hung his head low.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you just...just come here." He held his shaky hand out and I put mine in his. He pulled me closer to him and held me tight in his arms. "I'm gonna fix this don't worry."

"I know you will and I'm gonna be there with you through it all if you do have another child, you're not alone Miles."

"I know." His voice grew shaky and I could hear him sniffling. I tightened my grip around his waist and let him cry into the crook of my neck. This is gonna be fixed.