"Yeah sounds fine to me. You think you can finish that before six?"

"Oh yeah don't worry." She said while waving her hand in the air. This better go well.

Melanie Stephen

I was adding the finishing touches on the sushi when our doorbell rang several times.

"Miles get the door!" I yelled out for him. He was out on the patio having yet another drink and came running in.

"Is the food done?" He asked running in and closing the door behind him.

"Yes it is 젠장." I said growing agitated. It was bad enough that I haven't seen his mother in about a month or so and his dad was coming with her and we have to give them the news that I'm pregnant.

I heard the door chime and footsteps in the hall. His mother was talking to him but stopped once she'd seen me.

"Oh Melanie! How are you?" She asked while running over to me and pulling me into a tight embrace. I was lost for words and was skeptical with hugging her back, but this will be my soon to be mother in law.

"Hi Mama Gloria I'm well and you?" I asked.

"Never better. Miles told me about that little thing." She smirked while poking my stomach. I looked over to him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Uh yeah I'm pregnant." I smiled.

"How far along are you?"

"I'm only five weeks, I can't wait to find out the gender."

"I can't either, but whatever god gives us I'll be more than happy to accept. Ya know twins run in our family."

"I've heard but it's not twins this time." I smiled.

"You never know, god has his ways." She warned and took the seat at the bar.

"Could I offer you a glass of wine?" I asked going into the cupboard.

"Yes please. Oh I forgot to introduce you to Ben. Ben, get your behind over here."

A taller, yet darker complexioned guy came walking over to us. He looked almost like Miles, but not really I guess since he was darker and didn't have those freckles and curly hair.

"Melanie I want you to meet Ben, Miles' father. Ben this is Melanie, Miles wonderful girlfriend. She's pregnant with our grandchild."

"Really? I hope this isn't some trick to get that tax every month."

"Oh Ben hush up!" She warned while elbowing him.

"No no it's fine. I've met people like you before, and let me just say I'm nowhere near what you think I am so I guess there goes the theory of me being a gold digger."

"Okay missy I'm just saying, but I heard that you graduated from Yale."

"Yeah top of my classes." I smiled. He was making me feel some kind of way with all these accusations he threw my way, and Miles just watched.