25.

Miles Carter

"Baby my mom and dad are coming over for dinner. This has to be perfect." I said looking around for my oxfords. I was all over the place right now since it's been a while since my mom last seen Melanie, and I don't know what it'll be like this time. Hopefully she still feels the same way she did a month ago.

"Miles don't worry so much it'll be fine." She whined while crawling to the edge of the bed. She looked adorable with her glasses on and her sloppy bun resting on the top of her head with curly strands sticking out in the back and on the sides.

"I know, but what if my dad doesn't like you? What if he thinks you're just like Ava."

"He won't because I'm not her. I'll never hurt you, just like I know you wouldn't hurt me." She smiled.

I sighed and felt a little ease after processing everything. Maybe if I had a drink I'd feel better.

"I'm gonna get a drink." I rolled my eyes and left the room. I went to the bar and grabbed the bottle of Hennessy, which had to be my most favorite drink, and poured up half a glass.

I downed it and felt better than before. If my dad doesn't like Melanie, then so be it. He doesn't decide who I choose to be in a relationship with anyways. They are supposed to be coming over around 6 and Melanie hasn't started dinner yet.

"Melanie when are you gonna start cooking!" I yelled from downstairs. I could hear her groan loudly before she answered.

"Nigga it's only three more hours until they're here."

"So? Better to get it done now than later." I mumbled.

I could hear her feet tapping against the tile flooring and she snuck up behind me.

"당신이 흑인에게 이야기하고있는 사람 조심." She said while rolling her eyes.

"Don't start speaking that Korean shit, I don't know what it is that you're saying."

"That's what makes it so much better." She smiled while walking to the fridge.

"It'll be different if I spoke to yo ass in French." I smiled. She peeked her head out from the fridge door and smiled.

"You speak French?" She asked.

"Very fluently. I took it in high school, college, and lived in France for about four months. Donc la prochaine montre de temps qui vous parlez bébé."

"Oooo papi that sounds so sexy how it rolls off your tongue, how come you never told me about this talent."

"Cause I don't know I just didn't. It's nothing special, but you don't see me cussing you out in foreign languages so that needs to stop." I demanded.

"Nah, I think imma keep going." She smirked. Her eyes roamed the fridge as she tried to find something to make for dinner. "Does your parents eat sushi?"

"My mom yes but I don't know about my dad, he'll eat anything so most likely...why you ask?"

"Because I'm gonna make kimbop & maple teriyaki baked salmon with rice, sounds good?"