Chapter 19: I'm So Proud of You

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Long morning. Here."

I took my cup and she sat beside me. She laid her head on my shoulder.

"I'm just worried."

"Worried about what?" I asked.

"Lots. But I'll be fine." She said and laid her hand on my leg. In turn I wrapped my arm around her. "I could get used to this."

"It's been so busy. It's nice to have alone time with you."

After about thirty minutes we headed back to the hotel. Breakfast was at 8. I needed to go get Kelley before then because I knew she wouldn't be up. I said goodbye to Julie and swiped my key to enter my room.

Kelley was once again snoring all sprawled out on the bed. I just had to put it on my story before I got back in bed with her. She gladly moved over and I slipped underneath her. She had her head on my chest and arm around my waist. I played with her hair as she fell back asleep.

I guess we both fell asleep because I was suddenly awoken by a loud banging at the door.
"Let's go! You're gonna be late." It was Ashlyn who knew us better than we knew ourselves.

"Coming!" I yelled. Then I turned to Kelley. "Hey, we gotta get up. We're gonna be late. And that won't look good."

She groaned. "Carry me." She whined still half asleep.

I got off the bed and turned so she could get on my back. She was in a pair of shorts and one of my long sleeves. Her hair was in a messy bun. She hopped on and buried her head in the crook of my neck. I grabbed my phone and went to the mirror to snap a pic. I made sure saved it before I locked my phone so I could caption it later.

I put her phone in my pocket and headed out into the hallway to an awaiting Ali and Ashlyn.

"Bout damn time."

"Ash. It's five minutes till 8. We're fine."

"Someone's sleepy. Long night?" Ash teased.

"Shut your mouth Harris or I'll shut it myself." Kelley mumbled into my neck but it was loud enough to hear.

"What she said." I added.

We walked into the elevator. I simply could not take the stairs. Ali was terrified. She swore we would get stuck and clung to Ashlyn the whole way down. 

Once we got out we headed to breakfast. We were the last four. I put Kelley in a chair and then went to make us plates.

"You spoil her." Hope walked up to me.

"Yeah cuz someone doesn't have the balls to fess up." I said referring to her.

"Watch it."

"She's all yours Solo." I shoved Kelley's plate into her chest and continued to make mine.

I went and sat down and Hope followed with Kelley's plate. Things had changed in the tables. I sat by Kelley, but Hope took the other side of Kelley. Julie sat on my left. And then we just filled in.

"Is everything ready?" Hope asked.

"I hope so. I don't really know. I still am feeling stressed. The tshirts are all ready. I have my boots. Ben has talked with StubHub and were good. Umm, I don't think there's anything else but something is bound to happen. Kenzie's excited. She flew in yesterday along with the family. Miles is somewhere. He's supposed to be here."
"Breathe. You're doing great."

After breakfast we split and I went out. Just to clear my mind. I grabbed the board I brought and a snapback.

"Mind if I join?" Ashlyn asked.