03: The Usual Do Re Mi Fa So.

Boy; Little Mix.

"Thank you," I smiled while the averagely handsome waiter placed my plate filled with what seemed to be delicious food onto the table. I glanced at Aaron who was sitting right in front of me and saw his annoyed expression. Don't mind him, please. He is on his period.

He averted his gaze from his phone onto me and glared at me. I wondered what was really wrong with him. Did he hear me comment on the waiter's looks? Even if he did, where is his problem located amidst the words I used? I glared back at him. He was definitely mentally stabbing me with a fork.

He then understood that he was not being very subtle at the game of glares. It was then that I decided that it was purely futile to even ponder about whatever was going on his mind. Anyway, it is filled with nothing but poop. Endless amount of poop. Paying no more attention to him, I decided to focus on my love - the food.

Oh, right.

Let me enlighten you about how Aaron and I ended up in this fancy restaurant, called Reminiscences, on a Sunday evening. Sounds absolutely absurd if you ask my opinion. That's mainly because Sunday evenings are always PJs and binge watching TV shows night - right before I start sulking because I don't know what to watch next. Previously, as you already know, I had found out about Camilla. That bitc- you know what I mean. Just after having gone through an emotional breakdown, while I was in a session of 'wipe-the-tears-and-appear-fine', my phone rang and interrupted me.

Since it was mum, I didn't mind that much. But I still minded it because I was in the mood to cry and wipe tears and not to talk to anymore. Anyway, it had been days since I last talked to her and I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss her.

I cleared my throat and said some musical notes. The usual Do Re Mi Fa So. My voice was not cracking up and it was rather okay. "Yes mama. Hi." Immediatly, I grinned from ears to ear at the sound of her voice. A familiar warmth filled my heart, making me feel safe and full of joy. I could picture her sitting on the sofa, talking to me and smiling; just like she would do when she would talk to my elder sister, Layla.

"How are you doing, my baby?" She asked softly.

I answered, "Good mama, good." I bit my lips right after. Despite the fact that I wanted to share my problems with her, I couldn't. I was big enough to know that I had to deal with my problems by myself. And a marriage life consists of the husband and wife only.

"You sure, sweetheart? You sound different," she questioned with worry. A frown must have crept on her gorgeous face by then. On a side note, mothers have powers! They always guess things correctly even on days when they shouldn't.

I let out a fake chuckle, "Of course I am. Tell me about you and dad. How's life hun?"

She told me that everything was fine and going perfectly, as per God's grace. Dad's business was flourishing and on this occasion, he decided to plan a family dinner.

"That sounds amazing! Will Layla be there too?" Obviously, I would be looking forward to a dinner with my family. I missed those craziness-filled moments a lot.

"Of course, honey," Mum chuckled. "Everyone will be there."

And this took me off-guard, "What do you mean by everyone?"