Part 26

Aboard Star Destroyer Twilight, orbiting Wayland, 1536, 3279 LY

     Sabine was about to turn to Zeb with the bad news, but a flicker caught her attention. It was a pulse. Weak, but there all the same. She breathed out with relief, turning to Zeb. ''Alive. Barely. Better get him out of here.'' 

     Zeb complied, heading over to Kanan. Sabine opened the restraints, and the adult human male fell onto the Lasat, who threw him gently over his shoulder. Finally, the two ran out to the Ghost and safety. 

     Hera was becoming anxious. Zeb and Sabine should have been back to their A-wings by now. They should be heading back to the Ghost which slowly drifted in the direction of the Star Destroyer. At last, the A-wings headed in the direction of their carrier, the transport that the three inside called home. 

     Chopper muttered in droid and opened the cargo hold, emitting the two ships. When she saw on her control panel that the hold was shut securely, she picked up speed, turning the ship around. Over the comm, a male voice growled, ''Why are you leaving?'' She didn't answer. As Sabine and Zeb made their way into the cockpit, Hera was getting them back to the rebel base.

     It wasn't until they were already in hyperspace did the Empire realize that their Jedi prisoner was gone.