Part 15

Rebel Base, Atollon, 1837, 3278 LY

     Opening the door, Kanan didn't know what to expect to see. He saw Ezra, blue hair shortened in a militaristic haircut standing in a different outfit than what he wore at Malachor. He was fine; they were both fine. Just then, he paused, a slight change in his Padawan's Force aura, barely noticeable. ''Ezra?'' he called quietly into the dark room. 

     Ezra turned, opening yellow eyes instead of blue. He turned to the dark side. Kanan was fearful this would happen, and it did. The young man pulled out his lightsaber, activating a scarlet blade. ''Hello, Kanan,'' he scowled. ''Thank you for teaching me, Master, but I don't need it anymore. I have overpowered you.'' Then he lunged, scarlet blade blazing down to fill Kanan's vision with white. 

    Kanan woke up to find darkness replacing what he had saw. Saw. A vision. He had a vision about Ezra falling to the dark side. It could have been his fears, but he had a shaking feeling it would come true. 

     Ezra stood in a dark room, Kanan in front of him. He was so glad to see Kanan okay, but something seemed off about him. ''Kanan?'' he called, unsure of what he would see. 

     When Kanan turned to Ezra, he didn't have the faceplate. Instead, there was green mist where his eyes should have been, and he smiled wickedly. ''Kanan?'' Ezra asked, backing away slowly. The older man grinned and activated his blue lightsaber, lunging at Ezra whose vision became filled with white light.

     Waking up with a start, Ezra realized that he was in the medbay, hooked up to a whole bunch of equipment. Kanan had attacked him. Kanan would never do that. Would he? Ezra looked over to see a still Kanan, leg bandaged up and a few cuts, but other than that, sleeping peacefully. Ezra didn't know what he looked like, and was a little scared to find out. He knew he was burnt pretty bad just because of how bad it felt before he passed out.

     Being at death's door lately only made Ezra feel more like a liability to the crew than a spectre. Maybe he just...wasn't supposed to be a Jedi. Why else would he keep coming close to death? Kanan. What he had saw. Was that a vision? Perhaps not. Perhaps it never happens. He could only hope.

15 chapters! Thank you all for reading this emotional rollercoaster I've taken you on. This is my first SWR fanfic, and it's a success I hope. May the Force be with you all. Who knows, maybe I'll write another one after this....