Chapter 24

Louis' P.O.V. –

I shifted uncomfortably on the chair and looked around the office room. A middle-aged man was seated on another chair and looking through some files. I don't even know why I've been called here. Did the school plan on kicking me out? But I didn't do anything wrong, did I? I don't recall doing anything wrong. I was waiting for a few minutes now but the man either looked at his computer screen or into the files.

Finally, he looked but with a frown and said, "What's your name?"

"I'm Louise." I answered, slightly worried about his question.

"What's your middle name and last name?" He queried.

Why did he want all these details? I gulped and answered, almost in a whisper, "William Tomlinson."

He looked at his computer screen one more time and his frown deepened.

"There is no such record of a girl named 'Louise William Tomlinson'. There's another record of a boy named 'Louis William Tomlinson.'" He said, gripping the file in his hand tightly.

My eyes widened as my mind pondered over his words. The school would have my name registered as 'Louis' instead of 'Louise'. I shouldn't have lied to the school authorities. Was my plan failing? No, I can't let that happen. I can't lose Harry.

"M-maybe t-there's some error in t-the s-spelling." I stuttered.

He looked at me carefully and asked, "Could you spell your name?"

I nodded and said, "L-O-U-I-S-E." He nodded his head slowly and didn't seem satisfied with my answer.

"This is a very big mistake. A single 'e' at the end can distort the records. Someone complained against Mr. Grimshaw about his unacceptable behavior with you. I searched the records but couldn't find 'Louise'. This matter will be discussed as soon as possible. You can leave." The man said.

I nodded politely and left the room while my mind was in turmoil. No, I don't want the matter to be discussed 'as soon as possible'. That is horrible. I can't risk losing my tree. He is the only source of oxygen to me. I can't live without him.

"Why do you look so worried?" Harry asked. We stood outside the school and I'm actually surprised that he was waiting for me.

"I was thinking about the chemistry project." I lied. He smiled and said, "Don't worry about it. I've seen your improvement in chemistry after we started these tutoring sessions. We're partners in the project. I'm sure you'll do great."

I smiled back and felt something brush against my hand. Harry moved his hand sheepishly against mine. He gently intertwined his fingers with mine and looked at me shyly. I smiled widely at his gesture and walked slowly along with him. I looked down at our hands and noticed the bracelet on Harry's wrist that I had given him earlier. Our hands seemed inseparable.

They were joined with the strongest adhesive ever made. It was love.

That means the adhesive made is love. That is similar to 'we made love.' I mentally shook my head at my intellectual mindset. Does Harry even love me? What if he doesn't love me back? What will I do if my tree doesn't love me and leaves me because he doesn't love me? How will I breathe? I don't have an answer. Wait, I do have an answer. I'll buy an oxygen cylinder.

After walking for a while, we reached his house and stood outside the door. Harry was about to knock but stopped abruptly and turned towards me.

"My mum is home." He stated. Does this mean I have to try to meet his mum and behave as a 'good girl'? Was he going to introduce me as his girlfriend?