"But I'm fine" I insist but he just gives me a blank stare.

"Wait here and let me get the first aid kit" he demands, rushing backwards.

I do as he says and leans against the wall, he was back quickly with a white box.

"Come" he stops at a door just ahead of the two of us, pushing it open and expecting me to follow.

I wasn't too keen on the person who caused the injury trying to fix it but none the less it needed to be fixed

I was in pain, breathing seemed like a task I needed to focus on.

"Sit down there" he points to his neatly made bed across the room "your ribs might just be bruised, I don't know yet".

I sit down slowly, breathing stung and the need to cough kept arising but I was too scared.

"Ugh god, I need to cough" I state quietly, trying to hold it back.

I bite on my lip, beginning to breathe out my nose

"Here, now cough" Cal picks up his pillow, pushing it against my chest.

I cough, feeling smaller shooting pains still happen.

"Sit back and breath in tight" he tells me.

I nod, shuffling back and pressing my back up against the wall.

He jumps next to me, pulling up the fabric of my top to just under my bra.

He traces his fingers up my stomach, putting pressure on certain points.

"So med school, were you any good?" I ask quietly, he still seems quite focused on what he was doing though.

"I'd like to think so but fucked that all up now anyway" he sighs with a sorry shrug.

I stay quiet for a second, allowing him to re-focus.

"You want to know what I got put in here for" he reads my mind, jumbled up with questions I probably shouldn't ask "I killed someone. I didn't even know him. It wasn't even his fault. H- ummm" he then cuts himself off, knowig he went a bit too far.

He re-focuses on what he was doing, he bites his lip.

"It's hard to tell but I'm pretty sure it's just a deep bruise" he then looks up to me.

"Thank-you" I tell him.

"No problem, just put ice on it and don't use bandages, they'll put pressure on it" he instructs.

"Look, I didn't mean to make you say all that stuff, I'm sorry" I blurt out.

He just breaths out a laugh "you don't need to apologise, I just go off on one sometimes"

"Got it, never ask you a deep question if I don't want a long convocation" I smile quickly.

"Exactly" he nods "and I am really sorry about the whole roof situation but look, you didn't die or even break a rib"

"You guys are always looking on the bright side" I roll my eyes playfully.

It was true, no matter what the scene the people I've met always found an excuse or a way around it.

"Yep" Cal nods, grabbing my hands and helping me off the bed.

With every breath in the pain dies a little more as I get use to it.

"Oh and here" he passes me two white pills and I give them both a cautious look "they're pain killers" then he adds to reassure me.

"Are you even allowed to have these?" I ask, I was going to take them none the less.

"Yes actually, I get migraines" he explains and I shrug, good enough I suppose.

"Thanks for helping me... after you caused it" I joke after swallowing the pills.

"My pleasure" he nods jokingly as well.

Was it too early to give up on the day?

I glance up to the clock as I leave it was barely 10, safe to say it was too early to give up.

I stay stiff as I go down the stairs, using the arm rail as support as I take each step.

Someone better give me food, or I may murder everyone here.

"You're not angry at us, are you?" Hasley who sits at the table writing somthing questions as I walk through the kitchen door, slumping down on one of the bar stools.

"No, at least I don't think so" I shrug, maybe I should wipe yesterday from my memory and start again.

As Nico said, I didn't know when I was getting out so hating everyone may turn into a life long experience.

"Good, I was scared you might punch someone" she laughs, still wearily.

"I still might if I don't eat" I state, grabbing an apple from the wooden bowl.

"Okay so food makes her happy, I'll keep that in mind next time we push you off a roof" Jase walks over to me, hopping onto a stool opposite me.

"You're completely wrong if you think that's ever happening again" I state after a bite of my apple, shooting him a stern look.

"Wouldn't dream of it, don't want to muck up a pretty face like that now do we" he laughs.

I press my lips together, giving him an awkward look before taking off anotger chunk of my bright green apple.

"Don't flatter yourself because I'm mot flirting, I'm gay" he states, rolling his eyes.

That, I did not see coming.

A smile comes to my face as his does.

"Didn't predict that one, huh?" He laughs.

"Shame really, you're kind of cute" I tell him with a shrug, his light blue eyes roll again before getting up and leaving me at the counter alone.

"Exactly what I thought, real shame" Hasley sighs jokingly, putting a hand to her chin.

"Pfft" I try and hold back my laugh but that fails miserable as I burst into quiet laughter.