6- Broken Ribs

THIS IS AN OLD CHAPTER

I peel open my eyes slowly, please let last night be a dream.

I sit up slowly, I can feel the stiffness and pain from my ribs. Damn it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Miles states as I push myself up from the bed.

"Shut up" I scowl, hobbling over to the full length mirror sat lonely in the corner.

"Don't take it out on me, I was the one who carried you up here" he reminds me.

I choose to ignore him, examining my messy white hair and drained dark eyes before slowly pulling my top up.

I wince at the deep purple and blue bruise trailing up from my stomach to my rib cage.

"Looks sore" Miles comments and I just roll my eyes instead of responding.

The bruise covered majority of my torso, green dots with in the variety of other colours.

"You guys pushed me off a roof" I laugh in disbelief again, so wild I thought it was a dream.

"Yep, we did" he nods, happily enough.

"Why?" I ask him loud and sternly.

"Because what better way to test if you're strong enough to stay here than to actually test how strong you are and can I just say for a small girl you did pretty good" he explains with a smirk.

"If I could hit you right now, I would" I tell him, only I didn't have the strength nor the will power to do so.

"I'm sure you would" he assures me "I could give you something for the pain, I know you looked" he then adds pointing to the green box.

"How?" I question, not bothering to come up with a petty lie.

"Because you just seemed like the sort to snoop" he shrugs but he wasn't wrong, curiosity usually got the better of me.

"How'd you even get them anyway?" I then ask him to add on.

He just gets up from his bed, tapping his nose.

"Oh come on, you almost murdered me" I sulk and he laughs with that.

"Maybe one day" he tells me, leaving me standing in front of the mirror aimlessly.

Well at least now I knew I could survive a fall from a great height, not that I'd be testing again any time soon.

I could hide in here all day or I could go out there and show them I'm tougher than I look.

I grab my jeans back and a black top since the small transparency the white held revealed the huge bruise I'd acquired.

After painfully changing I pull open the door and walk into the corridor.

As soon as I step out someone collides with me, I wrap my arms around my stomach and cuss.

"Fuck, I'm sorry" Cal quickly says apologetically.

"It's okay" I tell him but the look of hurt on my face was un-coverable in this situation.

"What happened to you after last night?" He asks, looking concerned but he most likely felt guilt for being the one to physically shove me off.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I lie, attempting to walk past but he blocks my path.

"Let me see, I'll have you know I was in medical school before this place" he folds his arms, seeming content in his mission of stubbornness.

"Ugh" I reluctantly groan, pulling up my top just enough for him to see the damage.

"Ouch" he hisses, taking hold of my top and scanning my stomach.