Chapter 36: Snowmen

Magsimula sa umpisa

      Doesn't it take their energy conjuring this much of flames through out the night?

      I continued on, my hand on the endless banister all the time and by the time I reached the top, I was slightly gasping for air from the long and tiring ascend.

     "What are you doing here?"

      A voice startled me as I jumped back in surprise, my heart skipping as my right hand settled above my chest, my heart thudding loudly against my hand as I looked at the person who was out on the balcony, a familiar golden hair looking at me blankly.

       I finally calmed down when I realized it was only Prince Narsus as I sighed and calmed down.

       "Don't startle me like that again. I might just get a heart attack." I stated and I sighed in defeat thereafter when I saw the clueless look on his face. The people here doesn't even know what those words mean eh?

      "Never mind." I waved off and he averted his gaze from me, back to the dark sky as he leaned against the balustrade, staring off to nowhere in particular, looking thoughtful I approached him.

      "What are you doing here so late at night your highness?" I asked, trying to bring up a conversation with a simple approach. I don't know. I just felt like talking, besides, I hate being silent when I can have a conversation with a companion. Not that I can say the same with the first ranker though. I'd rather to shut up for all eternity if it's him we're talking about.

      "I can ask the same from you fair lady." he replied back unconsciously and I slightly blushed which was so out of the topic. This kid knows how to compliment and flatter someone.

      "Well, I can't sleep at all." I answered back as I resumed on watching snow fall like what I was doing earlier in my room and I can feel the prince glancing at me briefly before returning his gaze to the sky.

       "And how does that explain you being here? It's a long way off from here to your room." He stated and I scratched my nape in embarrassment, remembering what situation I was in before I met him.

        "I actually thought of walking around hoping to tire myself out and I was too engrossed on things that I got lost and that's how... I ended up here." I chuckled at my foolishness and gazed down, watching the guards walking around with their hands on their weapons as they looked around with their keen eyes.

          I was surprised when the prince chuckled at me though, so I raised my eyebrow.

        "Did I say something funny?"

       "No but Lord Leirum did." He responded immediately and I frowned as I scanned my eyes around. How come I can't see nor feel the first ranker.

          "He's not here. We are just conversing through telepathy." He explained why I slowly nodded my head. So that explains it. Though, I was rather curious.

        "What did that idi---I mean, what did the first ranker say?" I asked, mentally slapping myself for nearly calling the first ranker an idiot when I was before a prince and Leirum's friend at that.

        "That you were just as stupid as always with a simple thing like getting lost." He responded and my forehead creased.

       "Tell it right back at him that he's the most annoying monkey I've ever seen." I said and he looked at me curiously. Doesn't Azerothian's even know what a monkey is?

         "Never mind. Just change it to dog." I replied instead but his creases on his forehead only deepened and I face palmed and sighed. If they don't know what a dog even is then what kind of animals do they even have here in Azeroth? Jesus, now my head hurts making me want to crash to bed already. Bad luck since I don't know the way back to my room though.