Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'

"Lord Shadrach?!" the other rankers exclaimed in surprise as the thick fog of dust was blown away, revealing a man with long violet eyes at the large hole on the wall that was the result of the explosion earlier.

Lord Shadrach... He was the guy my sister, Muriel, saw in her dream when she accidentally saw Prince Janus' memories. He was the other royal guard that was present in her dream when they witnessed how Mikael's father, Lord Hamash was brutally killed.

Everyone stood frozen on their places as the mentioned Lord fully entered the room, a large sword in his hands as he kept his blank, cold, violet eyes on us.

"That's it. I've had enough of you humans putting Azerothians under your control through some sh*t you call drug." Alfreed scowled when she recovered from the shock and she stood to her full height as she gritted her teeth.

We saw the scientist who have been hiding under a desk the whole time, run towards Lord Shadrach who was unfortunately already under his control.

"You bastard." Violet cursed and tried to a sharp edged ice on the mad scientist who was the leader of this craze, but Lord Shadrach was on the scientist's side as of the moment and protected him which only added to Alfreed's annoyance.

"C'mon Lord Shadrach! Wake up!" Leo pleaded but the Lord was expressionless, resembling a robot who follows nothing else but the orders of the one who had programmed them.

"Let's go!" we heard the mad scientist command and Lord Shadrach swiftly moved before we could even move, they vanished in thin air in front of us and we knew better. They had teleported to somewhere.

The others made the motion to follow after them but Rex's command stopped them from pursuing the two.

"We'll pursue them later. As of now, we need to take care of the prince, he's still our main objective." Rex stated and a minute later, the shattering of glass was heard as the golden liquid drained out from the tube and to the floor, mixing with the spilled blood of humans and soaking their bodies.

Cyan carefully took out the prince after removing Prince Narsus' oxygen mask, doing a favorable job as he took of his long coat and covered up the unconscious prince with it.

Rex and Harumi set to work immediately, checking if the prince had wounds or internal ones which he thankfully hadn't gotten. It seems that he was too important for the mad scientist.

"Oh sh*t, Mikael and Ryouta is still in this stinking place." I muttered loudly when the thought dawned on me. Leo frowned on me for cussing which was inevitable while the others gave worried expressions.

"Guys." A familiar voice said and everyone turned to the hole on the wall, seeing three familiar faces and a boy snuggled on my sister's arms who looked oddly familiar to me.

"Muriel! Antoinette! Leirum!" Violet said with a sigh of relief as the three walked towards them, avoiding the bodies littered on the floor and the tendency to slip because of the slippery ground.

"Who is he?" I immediately asked as I took a closer look at the eight year old boy with silver hair, comfortably dozing off like a baby in my sister's arms only to get the shock of my life when I recognized who it was.

Antoinette gave a growl as Leirum headed to Prince Narsus to check him out.

"He's a pain in the ass who suddenly came from Hell to piss us off." Antoinette said in annoyed tone and we saw the boy in Muriel's arms stir awake.