Visions Aren't Real

Start from the beginning

We'll always go on searching for the door to o-our dreams ...

That was the season we set off on a journey together, y-you and I.... 

T-the prologue to o-our youth..  

Eli dropped her head unable to even keep it up as she finished singing. 

A gentle hand made Eli look back, making eye to eye contact with Nozomi's mother. The two longingly starred at one and other in silence as they both saw each other's tears streaming down their face. Being the first to do something, Nozomi's mother's arms wrapped around Eli and clung onto her tightly. In return, Eli does the same for Nozomi's mom; as if she saw her mother as her own daughter. The older woman started to choke quietly as she whispered into the blond's ear "s-she really loved you Eli...I never could hear the end of you....im so grateful that you were there for my daughter ... you and her always seemed alike.." She sniffled quietly and chuckles sadly "i even see my daughter in you...like you both were twins.. Her spirit will always be around Eli...so when you are eager to see her...come back here... and just ..see her.." 

Eli looked at the coffin and back at Nozomi's mother. She nodded and continued to hug her. "i will...i'll visit her.."

The blond was shaken out of the memory by at the knock on the door and quickly put her gun into her hollister and called out "yes?"

Kotori peaked out from the door and nervously called out to Eli "e-eli.. Nico-chan is here..."

Eli raised an eyebrow and put on her jacket. "why is she here?"

"w-w-well i do-"

The door burst open and Nico angrily walked in front of Eli "because. You were called on a case that you shouldn't have said yes to."

Eli narrowed her eyes at Nico  and chuckled "so that's why you are here."

Nico put her hands on her hips and growled looking at the blond annoyed "you aren't doing it."

Eli turned away from Nico and put her phone into her pocket "i am."

"no you are not! Im gonna call the chief!"

The blond ignored the short girl and headed towards the door. Nico instantly reacted and grabbed her arm.

"don't you dare ignore me!"

Eli turned away "let me do this case. im betting it'll be my last case anyways."

Nico narrowed her eyes at her "you bullshit liar. You'll do more. I know you."

no you don't.

"just let me go damn it. I need to start my investigation."

"no! You even specifically told us to make sure we would take care of you! Now listen to us!" Nico yelled 

"Eli-chan..." Kotori mumbled quietly as she watched from the doorway.

"maybe i don't want help this year! I can handle it! I just know i can! Just listen to me for once. This year i'll pull through."

"You haven't proven that yet! And from what i heard, last night you didn't take the news about your new case too well. So im saying no!"

Eli's eyes focused over to Kotori and narrowed her eyes at her, knowing she had told her last night to not mention what had happened to her to the others.

The blond forcefully pulled away from her grasp and quickly started to walk to the front door of the apartment. "i'm heading out! Don't wait for me!" She said as she walked.