what's a title anyway?

plot: part one of a prompt submitted to me by TheMIstakeWeLove

"So I was thinking that maybe the bau team has to go on a case where they have to act domestic and watch someone to see if they will kill again or something and reid and morgan are walking on the side walk and realize they r being followed by the guy that's killing and so morgan does the only thing he can think of and kisses reid, which leads to making out. And the team tease them about it and they get together."
I'm going to switch up the reasoning a little.

wc: 2080

"Hotch needs us at the round table," JJ informs leaning on the balcony above us. We all stand and make our way to the conference room. Penelope is standing at the head of the table and throws me a look of concern as I enter the room. She looks upset all around, really. She sighs as we all sit down, and before she talks, I chance a glance at Derek, who is surprisingly sitting next to me. It has become a somewhat normal thing for him to sit beside me recently, I know it's nothing really, where someone sits, but I can't help the feeling I get when he does. Our closeness has become something I treasure dearly.

"Alright," She says looking to the television screen as four faces appear. "Mathew and Levi Lorde," she motions to the two men, "were married for a year, lived in California, and were vacationing. They were found dead seven days ago Rice Place, Arizona, which is only a few miles away from the Central City in Phonix. Mathew," she motioned to the fist picture of a man with dark hazelnut hair and a wide jaw, "had rope burns on his wrist and ankles. The unsub cut his throat and he blead to death. Levi," the other man, black hair blue eyes, "had rope burns as well on his wrist and ankles; however, he had six stab wounds to his torso, and a cross carved into his forehead." She cleared here throat as she caught a glimpse of the gore shown on the monitor as the crime scene photos appeared. "And two days ago Maddie Peterson and Nakita Ramirez were found three miles away from the Lordes dump site, same MO, and they had been dating for two years, and lived together in Arizona for six months. Nakita," wears bright colours, Latina, long dark hair, "received the stabs, and Maddie," dusty, wavy brown hair, cut to her jawline, almond eyes. "had the throat laceration."

I examined the images on the monitor. All of these victims, these people, were so happy, so full of life. What could they have done to deserve this fate?

"Well, he clearly has a type." Derek voiced. There was something about his tone, the way he delivered his words... something bitter? Or I could just be reading too far into nothing. All of our cases are rather disgusting, so a harsh tone would not be all too strange.

"Dumping the bodies so close to these heavily trafficked places means he must want people to see his work. That plus the cross, I bet he thinks he is on a divine mission." Rossi added with a slight bite to his tone.

"With only a two day cooling off period for two victims, he must have killed before." JJ threw in, looking to Hotch.

"The first two victims were both big guys," said Derek. "The unsub had to have lured them out somehow. There is no way one person could have gotten both of them by force." I looked to him. He was staring at the monitor on the wall with his jaw set, and eyes firm. I looked him over. He was sitting tense in his chair, his arms folded on top the table. Seeing him that way made the room feel heavy and uneasy, more so than it already was, what with us talking about pretty violent murders.

"Alright team, wheels up in an hour."

~

"Should we go over the case before we land?" Everyone nodded in agreement and moved toward Hotch. Morgan flopped beside me on the sofa and flashed me a smile before looking towards Arron. "Our unsub seems to be targeting same-sex couples," Hotch glanced around, and his eyes seemed to linger between Morgan and I for a moment before he continued. "And with the amount of violence in these killings, it must be personal."