Silk Scarf Part 2

plot: a little continuation for you cool cats

w/c: 1263

Due to my lack of updating and per your request, here is a second part of silk scarf! whoo! I am working on another fic but that's going very slow thanks to the ol' brain, but hey here's this. this picks up right where the first one left off. enjoy!

"I think that's our cue," Derek laughed quietly. Spencer nodded, but wouldn't dare move an inch. The moment was too long awaited, and too sweet for Spencer to let go of it so soon. "They're going to wonder where we are," Derek warned, but he seemed stuck in the moment as well, for he also couldn't twitch even a muscle.

Another quiet moment passed before Reid sighed and gave Morgan a tender smile. He slid his hand up to the nape of Derek's neck and brought his face down to his own, stealing one last kiss. Reid shooed Derek off of him, eliciting a laugh from the bald man.

Spencer stood up and sorted himself out, smoothing out the crumples in his shirt and patting down his hair. He took a few steps to the door, and looked back expecting to see Derek following behind him, but he was still sitting on the little sofa, watching Spencer with a dopey smile.

"Are you coming?" Spencer giggled and moved back a few more steps toward the door. Morgan nodded and hoisted himself up with a grunt. Reid turned back around and reach out for the door knob, but before he could get a grasp on it, there was already a hand there, pulling the door open.

"After you," Derek purred into Reid's ear, sending a shiver down his spine.

Reid smirked up to Derek then made his way out, nearly sprinting to the conference room. He avoided everyone's looks as he walked in late and clumsily flopped into one of the empty chairs. Morgan, however, strolled in with no fuss, like it was just a normal Tuesday morning, and plopped down in the chair beside Reid.

Garcia, who had been watching the both of them since JJ came in red faced and flustered, could feel the tension. She looked back and forth between JJ, Reid and Morgan. JJ kept looking at them from the corner of her eye, and Reid avoided eye contact entirely by boring a hole into the table top. Derek looked happier than usual, but that could have just been her mistake. But she had no time to dwell on any of this, no matter how much she wanted to, there was a case to present and people to be saved.

"Two weeks ago, in Idaho, a woman's body was found by a couple of hikers five miles off of the main trail at an open hiking facility," Garcia recited from the case file. A picture appeared on the TV screen of a mangled body face down on some rocks. "Her name was Maria Hill. And then a week ago another woman was found about two hundred miles away from the first victim. Her name was Cathy Martian." Her face popped up on the screen, and then her body.

Reid fidgeted, trying to put his mind on the case, but all he could think about was JJ watching him. Every move he made she seemed to catch. He had no idea what she could be thinking, but he assumed the worst. JJ was a good friend and he really didn't want to lose her because of something as stupid as who he loves. Love... Does Reid love Derek Morgan?

He felt a hand on his thigh. He looked up at Morgan who squeezed it reassuringly and glanced at him from the corner of his eye. Confidence and empowerment flowed through him, and Spencer was okay again. He looked back up to Garcia and focused in on what she was saying.

~

Spencer sat in front of Derek on the plane, gazing out of the window, receded deep into his mind.

JJ had been talking herself in and out of coming over and talking to one of them about what had happened for the past ten minutes. It was just a matter of who she could get the most information out of. When she finally made her way over to the two, and sat down across from them Derek looked over to her for an explanation, but she just smiled and looked over to Reid. Derek seemed the best target for her questions.

"Hey Spence?" She called softly trying, to get his attention. He didn't take any notice of her though, just continued to stare blankly out of the window.

Derek lightly kicked at Spencer's foot to pull him back into reality. He jumped, then playfully smirked at Derek, kicking his foot back in retaliation. Morgan smiled back at him with soft eyes.

"Uh, hey Spence?" JJ spoke up again, feeling a little uncomfortable in their silence. Reid's face went blank, and he blinked a few times before looking over to the blonde.

"Yeah?" He asked when she didn't continue.

"Can I talk to Morgan for a sec?" Reid looked back to Morgan, confusion etched onto his face. What could be so bad that she couldn't say it in front of Reid? Morgan only shrugged in response, knowing as much as Spencer did.

"Okay?" Reid agreed, almost making it sound like a question with his tone. He stood up, giving Morgan one last confused look, before moving to sit closer to the nose of the plane.

"Why couldn't you talk to me with Reid here? What could you possibly say to me that you couldn't in front of him?" Morgan questioned as she took Spencer's place across from him. She offered a curt smile before she began.

"You were late to the briefing this morning." She stated like he wasn't aware.  She brought her hands up and placed them on the table top.

"Yeah," he agreed, "what about it?" She looked down to the little fold out table that separated them while she tried to form her question properly.

"Are-" she began but seemed to think better of it. "What were you doing?" Realization hit Morgan as he saw what she was getting at. His eyes widened and a knowing smirk invaded his features.

"Ah," he laughed, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms over his chest. "And why would /you/ have to ask that?"

"Well," she began, her eyes darting to the right away from his teasing gaze. "I wouldn't want to... assume anything and make a fool of myself when proven wrong." She explained, never once bringing her gaze back to Derek's face. He breathed out a laugh, finding her discomfort and awkwardness rather funny.

"What do you think you saw, Miss Jereau?" 

"I-I have no idea- "

"Yes you do," he cut her off. "Come on, just entertain me."

"You and Reid on the couch in your office," she gave.

"And?" Morgan edged.

"And, I believe you were," she paused to take in a breath to work through the thick air the conversation provided her. "You were kissing him." She finished, her face flushed pink. Derek laughed darkly at her uncomfortable state. She cleared her throat before she spoke again. "Well?"

"'Well' what?" He smirked.

"Were you?" He raised his eyebrows at her and she rolled her eyes. "Kissing him?" she grumbled just wanting to know what was going on. Derek chuckled and stood up, and without looking back at her, he went over to Reid who was staring off into space again. Jenifer just sat there, gawking after Morgan in complete shock. She watched as he sat down beside Spencer and say something close to his ear that she would never know. She kept on watching as they laughed close together, and even after that. It seemed like she'd never get her answers.

a/n: okay wow, hello loyal readers! im back from the dead. im sorry this is kinda short and a little shitty but hey you asked for it! i am not but the puppet in your twisted little life. kidding. anyway... i am totally open to doing a third part if that's what you guys want. im just not sure rn... and i am totally working on another story i swear, it should have been done like three months ago but an abundance of procrastination and a serious lack of motivation is really a creativity killer. but hey, that's alright bc it will come. aND just so you know, i do take prompts, but it might take two years for anything to come of it.... oKAY THANKS DUDES ByE