☁️Chapter 2- Truth☁️

Shikamaru's Point of View

I picked up Emiko bridal style as I tell my parents,"I'll put Emiko in the guest room,"

They nod in understanding as I walk up the stairs.

I opened the plain, ivory door as I walk in.

Our room was a simple white room with a bed, night table, a desk, and a closet.

I lied her on the the bed and tucked her in the blankets.

I also, noticed that she was wearing the same sundress that she wore the day we met.

But, it was the same dress, but in a new size I guess.

I observed her as she had longer hair than before, and grew a little taller.

I was about to leave when, I heard her said in a muffled tone,"S-Shikamaru--"

I blushed slightly red as I thought she was dreaming about me.

I walk downstairs, still thinking of why she said my name.

"Is that really Emiko?", I heard Dad say.

I hid and eavesdropped my parents conversation.

"Didn't the Hokage tell us?", Mom asked.

"I'm sure," Dad replied.

"Are you sure you're right? You were older now, than 8 years ago," Mom questioned.

"Ha-Ha Yoshino," he responded sarcastically,"But, I'm positive. She had the same Crimson hair and violet eyes,"

I walk in, pretending to have not heard them talking,

"Hey guys, I'm back,"

They look in surprise as I sat in my seat.

"Uh, hello son," he said nervously.

"Hi guys," I greet.

"So, how's Emiko?", Yoshino wondered, as she tried to cover up the awkwardness.

"She's fine, I think she just passed out from shock," Shikamaru said as he started eating.

"So, how'd you meet Emiko?", Dad asked.

"I met her in the Bar-B-Q restaurant, and Hokage told me to let her stay," I answered, keeping fact that Emiko was abused by her manager.

"So, why did the Hokage order her to stay?", Mom asked, striking a conversation.

"Guys, stop, I know what you're trying to do, what do you know about Emiko?", I demanded.

Dad sighed, as he knew this would happen,"I do not know much about Emiko, other than this one fact,"

"Which is?", I asked impatiently.

"Even though she is not a ninja, she is just as capable as Naruto," he replied.

I was speechless, she never was in the academy, or was a ninja.