Chapter 4

Alex’s POV.

After dropping Jazzy off at her house, I head over to Jesse’s house. We haven’t been able to spend any guy time together in a while. He understands though. In the beginning, he thought I was crazy, dating someone of Jazzy’s status. Jesse is one of the only people who realize just how much I really do love her. He sees the way I change when I’m around her. She makes me want to be a better person.  And Jesse realizes this. Even though he doesn’t agree with the relationship 100%, he isn’t against it, he doesn’t ignore it like a lot of people.

As I pull up in the driveway to Jesse’s house. He comes out. When I get out of the car, he raises his eyebrow. “Why dressed so nice to come see me bro?” He asks and I laugh and roll my eyes.

“That’s it Jess, I dressed up to come see you. I thought tonight we could go on a date.” I say sarcastically and punch his arm. “Nah, I had a date with Jasmine. Also, had a run in with Chris. He’s lucky he’s still able to walk. He totally tried to ruin the date. When I froze up, Jazz actually like, put him in place.”

His jaw nearly dropped. After a moment of silence, he started laughing so hard I thought he was going to choke. “Dude, you’re turning her into a badass. I never knew her to raise her voice, and now you have her putting people in their places? That’s crazy!”

I nod. “I know right. So I went into even more of a shock.” I said laughing. “I kinda feel like a total idiot. I’ve never froze up like that before. A gun could be pointed at the back of my head, I don’t freeze. But someone tells me I’m not good enough for Jazz, and I can’t think straight. “I shake my head, trying to clear my mind. Sometimes I like to think that everyone is wrong. That I am good enough for her. I could protect her. As cheesy as this sounds, I would die for her. If it came down to it, and only one of us could live. I would do my damnedest to make sure she survived. I know that’s more than a lot of people would do. I also know that someone like Jasmine doesn’t belong in my world. How ironic is it that the gangster/drug dealer dates the chief of police’s only daughter? I knew what I was getting into.

As I start thinking of all the ways Jasmine deserves better, I feel the frown take over my face. “Hey man, you gotta stop thinking about that. No matter what you think, or her dad thinks, or that jackass Chris thinks, she chose you. She picked you over everyone else, and that’s all that matters. She obviously thinks you are good enough. Better than good enough even, she must think you’re amazing. As long as you love her with everything you have. You ARE good enough.” He looks me in the eyes, his eyes as serious as can be. I stare back and take in the words he just said.

He’s right. Out of everyone in the world, she chose me to love her. She gave me her heart, knowing I could break it, but trusted me enough not to. “Thanks, it really means a lot to me that you support this, you’re one of the few. Like none of her friends approve. No one wants us together, and it just makes it harder for us. I mean we don’t fight, but you can tell all of the hate is denting our relationship.”

“Yeah, well that blonde bimbo Jessica is just a  ...”

I cut him off, “Yeah, I know what she is, but that’s still one of her best friends Jess. I don’t see why. If one of my “best friends” stole my girlfriend, he’d be worrying about more than our friendship.”

“Dude, the only reason she forgave her so easy, was because you were there to help her. You made her get over that douche bag, and she realized exactly what he was. A douche bag. Although she lost the battle, she won the war. Jessica got what? An idiot that cheated on his girlfriend with her. So what makes her think he’s not going to cheat on her too? Jasmine is smart. She chose to move on, and she picked you. An amazing guy, who will be strong and who can support her through anything.”  As he’s saying this, I nod. He’s right.