The Werewolf In The Closet..29

Chapter 29

Ady's POV

     When I realized that I had fallen asleep, I woke up and looked around. Oh, yeah, I'm still in this dirty basement.

     Why can't this handsome idiot figure out that I'm not Adeline, and I want nothing to do with him? I was starting to get stiff. At least I'm sitting down, but my arms are held up by the chains and they are really starting to hurt. Is this a joke? Chaining me up like this? How pathetic!

     Man, I wish Loren was here. He would kick Carnell's ass, probably even kill him. I wouldn't mind Carnell being dead, but I can't lie to myself when I say this but......I would miss him if he died. I really, truly would. If Loren killed him, I wouldn't be mad but I would miss him.

     A few minutes later, Carnell came back in and put a chair in front of me. He sat on it and stared me down. "Adeline-"

     "I'm not Adeline, you whore," I said.

     He chuckled and touched my cheek with his finger-tips, traveling down my neck. I tried to move under his touch but he kept going down further until he eventually reached my bra-straps. "Adeline has tattoo. It's a wolf. If it is where I think it is, then you are Adeline and you are rightfully mine."

     "What? That's ridiculous! I don't even want a tattoo yet!"

     Ady, I'm coming for you. I heard Loren's voice in my mind. "Loren!" I yelled.

     Carnell moved the shirt from my shoulder and stared. Then he whispered, "No."

     "Ady!"

     I gasped. It's Loren! He's here! "Loren! Help!"

     Carnell's breathing got heavier and he looked like he wanted to slap me. As soon as the door had busted down, Carnell had rose from his seat, and was smirking. He turned around saying, "Hello, Loren."

     Loren came through the door with a really pissed off look. It was just him by himself. "Where are the others?" I yelled to him.

     Loren's green eyes flickered to me and he sighed with relief. "They are outside, handling Carnell's boys."

     What the hell? Carnell has boys guarding this place? Well, goddamn. I wonder what he does when he locks me in here and goes out. "Loren, I'm glad you could come," Carnell said.

     Loren started cracking his knuckles. "Oh, I'm glad I came, too. I am going to kill you, Carnell."

     Carnell chuckled. "We'll see about that," and Carnell kind of roared and pounced on Loren.

     They scratched at each-other, threw punches at each other, kicked and bit. I didn't really get the feed backs. Every time Loren got scratched, I didn't end up with them. I wonder why. Loren grabbed the chair in front of me and swung it Carnell. The chair broke and pieces of it flew my way. There was a long wooden stake by my foot. I tucked it under my leg.

     "You son of a-" Carnell started but he didn't finish because Loren pounced on him and started punching him in his face.

     Punch. "That's for killing Vinny!" Punch. "That's for harassing us!" Double-punch. "And that's for taking Ady!"

     Carnell roared and pushed Loren. He was starting to change but thought better of it and he was half-way changed. But so was Loren.

     They charged at each other again, breaking desks, ruining the walls. Well, the walls were already ruined anyway but they broke chairs again. Carnell hit Loren with a glass bottle on his head. He hardly flinched. They growled and snarled at each other.

     Then, the thing that I was not expecting to happen, happened. Carnell stabbed Loren with a knife he somehow found. I yelled out. Not because I didn't feel it, because I didn't, but because Carnell stabbed him three times on the side of his stomach! Blood poured out his side and he leaned on Carnell who didn't take the knife out until the last minute. Another thing happened that I didn't expect to happen. Loren bit Carnell on the neck, tearing part of his flesh. Carnell shrunk back to his normal size and sank to his knees. "You bit me," he covered his neck with his hand.

     "Loren!" I yelled and kicked the stake to him. I didn't really expect Loren to do it, but he grabbed the stake and pushed it through Carnell's chest, right in the heart.

     I gasped, and as I did, Carnell's eyes flickered to me. Three words came out of his mouth and his voice was shaky. "I'm sorry, Ady."

     When he sank to the ground, Loren sank to his knees, holding his side which had blood pouring out of it. Kenny, Brad and Aaron all came in just in time that Loren collapsed onto his back.

     As soon as Aaron unlocked the chains off of my wrists, I ran straight over to Loren, pushing Carnell's limp body out of the way. "Loren! Loren, stay with me here! Loren!" I say and try slapping his face a few times.

     The blood from his side poured out of him. "Ady..." Loren mumbled my name.

     "I'm here, Loren. I'm here."

     "It's over, Ady," he tried to smile. "It's over. Carnell is gone. You can go home now."

     "No, Loren. We can go home now. You can make it, Loren. I know you will. You have to." Tears were pouring out my eyes and dripping down onto his shirt. A tear escaped his eyes as well.

     "I'm sorry, Ady. I love you."

     What?! "Loren!" His eyes fluttered close. I shook him and kept calling his name.

     "Ady-" Kenny tried to pry me off of him, but I snatched away from him and kept screaming for Loren. He's not gone! He can't be gone! Not now! Not when this is all over! Everyone I love can't die right now! No! I'm not gonna let him die! I pumped at his chest.

     Mel and the others sat away and pulled their knees up to their chest. I'm not giving up, not now!

     "Ady. He's gone," Brad said, softly.

     I laid my head onto Loren's chest and cried. There was snot pouring out of my nose and everything but I didn't care.

     He is gone. And there's nothing I can do about it.

     Another person I love is gone.

     I wanted to cuddle up to Loren's side.

     He just freaking died in my arms. I can't believe it.

     After I had stopped crying for a moment, I placed my hand on his cheek and the tears came back. "I love you, too, Loren." My voice was shaky. I didn't want to stand up. I didn't want to look at anything but Loren's precious face. He's gone, and he's not coming back. I started crying horribly again, now. No one came to comfort me because they probably knew I didn't want to me in no one's arms but Loren's.

     I sniffled. I can't stay here forever. I have to let him go sooner or later. I picked his head up and placed it on my lap, brushing his hair away from his beautiful face. We're mates. When one mate dies, the other can't live without their mate. So, what do I do? Kill myself? Try to get over it? No, I can't get over the fact that my fucking mate is dead!

     I'm mad now. Man, I'm so glad Carnell is dead. I don't even feel sorry for his ass anymore! He killed my mate! That son of a bitch! I wonder if I would grow up to be one of those ninja girls who wants revenge because some person killed her loved ones. I almost giggled at myself for thinking such a strange thing. Loren was getting paler from the blood he is still loosing. His neck was on my thigh and I felt his neck thumping.

     I sighed. I am really going to miss Loren and I-

     WAIT! His neck is thumping! "Guys!" I yell and they all came to Loren in a hurry. "Look at his chest!" His chest was rising up and down. He's breathing!!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~