Chapter 5 - Of Dementors and Dogbites

Lily followed Gizelle around all day after that night, which Gizelle found, to be quite honest, a fair bit unnerving. Several times she had wanted to drop what she was holding, turn around, give Lily a shaking and ask just what exactly she was doing and if it was a trick by a certain Gretchen Roberts. But, in the end, Gizelle had decided that that was a bit too insensitive, considering what Gretchen had said to Lily the previous day, because really, the whole hallway had heard. So she decided on waiting it out until Lily felt comfortable enough to explain for herself just what she was doing.

And having another female present in such a testosterone dominate air was always refreshing. What with Hannah and Gizelle being the only reliable source of estrogen, considering Eva's frequent departure when she wasn't getting her fill of all things Remus-y. And Hannah being quite the tomboy most often than naught, Gizelle was kind of glad that Lily, for whatever reason, had decided to integrate herself within their little family. However, Gizelle was finding it a tad confusing as to just how she was supposed to go about welcoming Lily. Friends neither came easy to Gizelle, nor frequently. Hannah and herself had more or less been pinned together from the first train ride. They understood each other and were able to support one another, so it was only natural that they became friends. The Marauders had come along after a rather childish prank on the Slytherins, in which Gizelle and Hannah had willingly taken the full amount of blame for. The Marauders considered that sort of self sacrifice to be insurmountable debt to repay, so they had decided on becoming friends and offering their undying gratitude and protection when needed.

But it was different with Lily. To Gizelle, Lily had always been her idea of perfect. Perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect eyes, well...perfect life, really. She had never done anything that would require undying servitude and she didn't really feel that she could relate to Lily on the same level as she did Hannah. So in a way, Gizelle was confused to what she had exactly done to have been granted the honor of having such a wonderful person as Lily introduced to her life. And now that Gizelle had been able to spend meaningful time with Lily, and not the casual "hi" in the corridors, she was beginning to realize that Lily was an actual human being with as many flaws and insecurities that Gizelle had.

"So, Gizelle," Lily popped her head into Gizelle's four poster and climbed on top of the sheets, crossing her legs along one another, "what are we doing today? Feel like hitting the books?"

Gizelle turned around mid motion of putting on her Quidditch kit. "Dear Lily, you’re oh so very funny. No, actually, I have Quidditch practice. James scheduled last second seems he really wants to crush Hufflepuff next week. Though, I doubt we really have to worry. Parker and Tailor are both out with the flu and Biswall has a broken thumb. But that's James for you, I suppose..." she looked off towards the distance and stretched her arms, "But you should come. It will be fun, get an inside scoop of how we run. I'm sure James wouldn't mind..." She grinned cheekily at Lily.

Lily made a face that rendered any remark absolutely unnecessary, but out it came regardless, "I would rather eat a bucket of flobberworms, than spend the afternoon with James, even from an entire Quidditch pitch away. And that's not a joke."

"Aw, come now, James really isn't all thatbad; it definitely beats sitting alone in the common room or going to the library and studying."

Lily looked at her as though she was kidding. A moment of silence later and Lily let out a small 'Hmm'

Gizelle rolled her eyes and grabbed Lily by the arm, dragging her down the stairs, out of the portrait hole, and on towards the Quidditch pitch.

~.:#:.~

Two hours and a thick coating of mud later, Gizelle found herself wearily trudging up the last flight of stairs to the dormitories and the hot shower that awaited her, Lily happily bouncing by her side. Hannah had waited back for the rest of the team, "And the way you dived at the end under Hannah and scored? Gizelle, that was brilliant!" Lily threw her arms up, sighing in exasperation. She had never really seen Quidditch like this before, just the occasional game when she wasn't doing anything else. But having an actual friend on the team and seeing her dominate was fantastic.