4) With a gentle hand <3

I’m dead. I know I am. They are going to get me, and I’ll become one of them, mindless, nasty, bloodthirsty devils. I’m starting to see again I see windows and doors and hanging ceiling tiles with wires sticking out everywhere. I’m walking with a limp, slowly making my way down this long never ending hall way. I look down; I’m in nothing but a short silky little nightgown. I hear a gun, and a couple more to follow as my vision slowly fades away. Boom. More gun shots. My visions blurry, my ears are ringing my leg hurts, and my face is caked with dried blood, and I’m very dizzy.  “Nichole!” I hear outside my window. “Nichole!!” Knock, knock, knock. “Unlock the door, Nichole!” It was a walker. Trying to trick me!! No! I’m not falling for that. “Go away!” I scream though my sobbing. “Leave me alone, I don’t want to be like you!” I threw my arm on the armrest by the controls rolling the window down a little bit. Something was forcing the window down. “No!” I screamed trying to get away. I move my leg “Ow! My leg.” I screamed through my tears. “Nichole! Calm down. It’s me! Jordan!” He gentle grabs my face. “Its all gonna be okay.” I started crying hard now, and leaned in his embrace.

“Shh Shh Shh. Hush now.”…

“My leg…it hurts.” I say softly.

“Your face. Oh my, you look horrible.”

“Thanks, Jordan.” I sit back against my seat and chuckle, and exhale.

            He reaches in and unlocks the door. “At least you was wearin’ you seat belt like I told you.” He said quietly while opening the driver door. “Yea, still hit my head though, and it’s stuck.” I said. “Let me see what I can do about that.” He leans over me, and fumbles with the seat belt. I sigh. “What’s wrong?” he asks my in a sweet simply voice.

“Oh I don’t know. I just got into a wreck and I am stuck in the car.”

“Want me to cut the belt?”

“How bad is my, baby?”

“ Oh not to bad, she’ll still drive.”

“ Don’t cut, keep messing with it.”

“ You just want me leaning over you don’t ya?”

“Oh yea, you know it, Jordan”

I rest my head on his back. Think about what’s going on. I turn my head to the street, and there sat my Dog Pretty Girl And Jordan’s Dog Rufus. They were both keeping guard, just sitting there as beautiful as ever.

            That’s when I get my first glance at the creature laying on the ground. It looks like one of us, just with its brains blow all over the road. ”J…Jordan…d…did you do…t…that?” I stuttered. He turned, and looked…” Umm…yea…they…they was trying to get you.” He turned a worked on the seat belt. “ That’s not happening. Not when I’m alive” He finished. I smiled glad to know I’m safe with him.

            I felt a jolt, and then the seat belt started sliding of slowly. “Okay, lets get ya out of here.” He says in a soft voice.

“Which part of your leg hurts, now?”

“My shin.”

“Put you arm around me.”

I obediently put my around his neck. He slides one arm under my lower back, and the other under my knees. “This might hurt a bit. Just thought I’d let ya know.” He starts to move me, and I can feel the pain shoot through out my leg. I my other arm around his neck, and lock my hand enduring the pain, as he slowly carries me over to his Ford F 150, the same exact car I have. He careful lifted me up into the passenger side of the truck, and closed the door. It the mirror I saw my truck, sitting in the ditch. It looked perfectly fine, thank god. Jordan went back and grabbed my backpack and keys. “Did you have anything else with ya?” He asked. “Nope that was it. Did you grab my phone?” I said. “Yep…Okay, now I’m gonna drive you back to my place. Sound good?” He asked “Of course, anything to get me out of here.” And, we drove off.

            When we got back to his house Austin was there, but Dustin and Dakotah were not. He pulled up, and parked the car. Jordan shouted over to Austin “Hey Man! Come on over here.” Austin walked over, “Yea?”

“Want to help me go get this little missy’s truck.”

“Sure…what happ..”

I cut him off “Please don’t ask, Austin.”

They both climbed into Austin’s car to go get mine. Then my phone rang, it was Dustin, I answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey we got he Charger Loaded up.”

“Wow.”

“What?”

“You’re taken you Charger?”

“Hell ya!! Got be fast!”

“I see!” I laugh in reply

“Okay we have one problem!”

“Yes, sir?”

“I forgot how to get to get to Jordan’s!”

“Oh! Its hard to explain…so met us at the Casey’s by Pate at lets see…its Monday lets say Friday around…”

*Click*

“What the…” I look at my phone only to see a message that says No Signal  “Well, there goes our phones.” I say quietly you myself—All this happened three days ago. It was no Thursday I have a badly bruised shin and I have to pull up my best, friend or he falls to his death. It’s now or Never. I grab his hand and pull him up with all my strength, and I pulled him up. He was safe; we lay on our back taking a breather listening to the moaning zombies.

“Austin do you hear that?”

“The Zombies? Ya?”

“No…that creaking noise…”

“Well, kind of…what does it sound like?”

“You want my honest answer?”

“Well, yea.”

“Sounds like the ceiling is about to cave in…”

Just as I said that the ceiling fell out from under us.