13

Shans POV:

"Hi, is Justin in?" I smile at his mum standing in the doorway as she opens the front door for me.

"Yeah he's in his room, go on up." She smiles, making way for me to come in.

"Thank you" I say before rushing up stairs and knocking on his bedroom door.

"Come in" he says.

"Hi" I smile, walking inside and shutting the door behind me.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" He asks, looking puzzled. "Oh, did jayde send you?" His face relaxes once he works it out.

"Yeah, she's worried and she doesn't understand why you are avoiding her. So spill." I push.

"I'm not avoiding her" he laughs.

"Yes Justin, you are."

"Okay." He sighs. "I'm avoiding her because I'm in love with her. She's just finished with Jake and her heart is broken, she doesn't know how to let anyone in and I don't want to push her so I've stayed away. Truth is I've always loved her but she's been with Jake and I've been with Selena so I never really realised. It hurts too much seeing her hurting and not being able to comfort her the way I want to." He looks down at his hands.

"Oh Justin. Grow some balls and tell her. You've been in Jayde's life a long time and I'm sure she'd rather you told her how you feel instead of avoiding her. She's more upset that she doesn't have you to keep her company than she is about Jake." He looks up at me with hope in his eyes. I just nod, reassuring him.

"Okay, I'll tell her." He smiles.

"Good boy" I laugh, tapping his leg quickly.

If I'm honest, I think jayde has always been in love with Justin, she just didn't know it yet.