T h i r t e e n

The whole theater erupted in a wave of ovation. Everyone seemed to love the movie and every single person that had participated in it, was ecstatic.

Everyone except for a certain blonde in the audience.

When they went out the room, Karlie finally approached the girl.

And the girl wasn't able to escape this time.

"Taylor." She said smiling. "It's been a while."

The shorter girl nodded indifferent.

"How are you?" She asked then, uninterested.

"Good." Answered the tall blonde. "You look beautiful by the way."

"Thanks." Said Taylor drily.

"Taylor, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I think you should leave. There will be a lot of people waiting for you." Said the older girl walking away but quickly stopped by a hand grabbing her wrist.

"I don't care about any of them."

Taylor looked to her right. "Not even him?" She asked, pointing with her head over at Josh.

"I care about him. But we are friends."

"Sure, Karlie. I have to go."

But Karlie still held Taylor's wrist, not wanting to let it go.

"I still love you, Taylor." Said the tall girl looking Taylor in the eye. "There hasn't been a day I haven't thought of you."

"Karlie." Taylor whispered. "Remember I'm married? You were the one who said I had to be with him. You can't come now, and think I'm going to leave him. We had a chance, but now it's gone." She finished, a tear streaming down her cheek.

"I made a mistake. I love you too much to let this go. Please just– come with me tonight."

"I can't."

And with that, she left.

When midnight arrived, the premiere was coming to an end and the girl decided she would talk Taylor into going with her.

"I will do anything. You are the love of my life and I will never be able to love someone the way I love you. And I know you feel the same."

Taylor was looking down, but when she met Karlie's eyes, tears were escaping her blue eyes.

"I'm pregnant." And after she had said that, more tears streamed down her face.

The other girl didn't know what to say. She was paralyzed.

Taylor looked at her and nodded.

"I understand."

"Wait Taylor, I didn't say anything."

"But I know what you're thinking." Said Taylor putting her hand on Karlie's cheek.

"Goodbye, Karlie." She said walking away.

But Karlie, coming back to her senses, reached for the older girl.

But it was too late.

As Karlie got out of the building, Taylor was already leaving. They exchanged a last glance as Taylor entered her ride.

And as she watched the black car fade into view, a single tear streamed down her face.

She knew she would never see her again.

"Nothing lasts forever..."

THE END