E i g h t

The director had given them the day off.

And it was too much of a chance when that same day Scott had started feeling sick.

Taylor had offered to stay and take care of him but the man, scared of putting her wife in danger, had refused.

So she had the whole day to spend with Karlie.

And as bad as it seemed, she hadn't once thought about Scott.

Taylor had started looking at the other girl with other eyes.

Every day she felt herself falling more for the young actress.

And the young actress felt the exact same way towards the girl with blue eyes.

But the filming was coming to an end.

And she knew that once this ended, this affair with the girl would come to an end.

But for the moment, she just tried to make the girl happy and enjoy every moment with her.

"It's raining." Said Taylor breaking the silence.

It had been raining for a good ten minutes but the older girl, too involved in her own thoughts, had just noticed.

"What are you thinking?" Asked the younger of the two.

"We only have a few weeks left."

"I know."

"What will happen after this?"

"You are married..."

"I... if that's a problem I can-"

"No."

"I haven't said anything yet."

 "You don't have to. But we can't... We could never be in the public eye. We would have to hide–"

"I don't care. If that's what you want." Taylor didn't intend to sound so desperate but she couldn't help it.

The girl meant too much for her.

She couldn't let this slip away.

And Karlie didn't know what to say.

She knew it would be hard to convince the stubborn girl lying next to her.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." Said Taylor without wasting a second.

"–And that's why I think you shouldn't leave Scott."

"... If you loved me you would want to be with me."

"I love you, Taylor. That's why I'm saying this. Because you deserve better."

"I'm not in love with Scott anymore. That's your idea of better? Staying with someone I don't love?"

"I... Taylor, I can't offer you what he can."

Taylor huffed and sat on the bed. "And what is that? A loveless marriage?"

"Taylor..." Started Karlie trying to put a hand on the girl's shoulder.

But she moved at the touch.

"I don't want you to hide. Your career has just started, this would," Karlie sighed, "This would ruin you, and your image and..."

"And what if I don't care about that? I want to be with you."

Karlie shook her head.

"That's what you want now. But maybe in a few years, you will look at me and realize that I'm the reason you didn't follow your dreams. I don't want you to resent me, Taylor. I love you too much."

"You don't get to decide this."

"Taylor you can't spend your life hiding away."

And with that, Taylor stood up and got dressed and before the blonde actress could do anything, the girl had left.

"Nothing lasts forever..."