Chapter 17- Firsts

Începe de la început

            She tired to poke me but I pulled back and said, "No touching. Touching is extra." I said in the most serious and sultry voice I could manage. I ended up just laughing.

            "Ok we gotta go soon. Get your clothes on. No one wants to see that."

            "Oh, I think everybody does." I winked. I threw on my shirt and the shorts that Juliet picked out for me. It was a pair of high waisted shorts with a crop top. I took my hair out of the braid that I had put in earlier and shook out my hair. It had a pretty wave in it. It looked good enough. I put on some powder and mascara, and then slipped on my sandals.

            "Okay, ready." I said after I put some money in my pocket and slipped my phone in my back pocket.

            Juliet and I went downstairs to see Nate and Luke quietly talking.

            "Ready." Juliet said going next to Luke.

            "Good, otherwise we are going to be late." Luke said slinging his around Juliet's shoulders. She immediately relaxed into his touch. It was nice seeing them together. They had only known each other for a couple hours, and everything was going great.

            "Juliet and I will take my car." Luke said leading her over to his once we got outside. It was obvious they wanted some alone time. I was fine with that. I didn't want to see their love too much.

            Nate and I walked over to his car in comfortable silence.

            "So are you excited for the movie?" Nate asked me once he started the car and started to follow Luke's car.

            "Yeah, I love the books. I didn't really like the first movie because I think that they left out too many details. And I mean the games were pretty short. Katniss and Rue's friendship was like five minutes before she died! What was up with that?" I ranted. When I realized what I was doing I blushed a little. I got very passionate about The Hunger Games sometimes. "What about you?"

            "I agree with you. I read all of the books and I didn't think the first movie did the books justice. But then again, when are the movie's better than the books?" Nate made a good point.

            "True. I just hope that this one is better." I said talking to myself more than him. "Wanna know a funny fact?" I asked after a minute of silence.

            "What?"

            "Josh Hutcherson is only five foot six and Jennifer Lawrence is five foot ten. That must have been an awkward height difference to film around." I laughed. Nate just laughed at me.

            We talked about some more random things before we pulled up to the movie theatre. Being with him wasn't that bad. It was actually kind of nice. It seemed normal.