Headcanon #19

Guys, thanks so so so so much for 20k reads, this is actually crazy and we appreciate it so much! This is kind of a sad one, but hey, splits are inevitable...right?

<3 Riley & Jess

It was spring of sixth year when Sirius and Marlene broke up. Their relationship had been rocky for a while and try as they might it couldn't be fixed. Their relationship ended on almost impossibly good terms as they both just wanted what was best for each other and felt they could be happier apart. They went to a park by Hogsmeade and spoke for hours upon hours before finally deciding it was time to stop. Sirius was the one who suggested it, lying down on the bench for what seemed like an eternity before coming up and telling Marlene he thought they were too far gone to recover. In a way Marlene had always known what was coming, but she had such faith in their ability to fix what had been broken that she refused to believe it. Once she spoke again, all she could ask was if splitting would make Sirius happy, to which he painstakingly replied with a yes.

They sat on that old park bench forever after that, Sirius running his hands through his hair, and Marlene sitting stony still, trying to think of something she could say but coming up with nothing. When Sirius stirred again it was to assure Marlene that he had absolutely zero regrets. From their first date of butterbeer at the Leaky Cauldron to their final date to the Shrieking Shack (Sirius was sick but Marlene dragged him there anyways, wanting to see if indeed there were ghosts haunting the place). Sirius told Marlene that just because they could no longer be a couple she should definitely keep the friends she had made through him. Remus and James were amazing people and so was Marlene. She still didn't say anything. He told her this was one of the hardest things he'd ever had to do, and that he hoped she could be okay. He made her promise him that she'd be okay eventually, and she did, though not believing it herself. They parted with a prolonged hug, during which he kissed her on the head. When the hug ended Marlene went on her tip toes and planted one final kiss on Sirius' cheek, then they parted ways. Sirius heading back towards Hogsmeade in search of James, and Marlene heading back towards Hogwarts Castle, needing to be alone for a while.

The next morning Marlene wrote Sirius a letter saying all the things she hadn't back in the park. She was going to give it to him at school after the weekend, and she only hoped it would give him the same closure it had given her. She told Lily that day, both of them crying as they tried to find some fault with the way Sirius had left things, but coming up with nothing. She showed Lily the letter too, needing Lily's opinion on wether or not to actually give it to Sirius. She told Marlene to do it, and Marlene did, facing Sirius one last time before they both headed into transfiguration. Their relationship may have been short and sweet, but it was so inexplicably good that there would be no resentment in the future, only the memories shared that they would both cherish forever. Until they didn't need to anymore. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and enjoy!