Chapter 24- And I Thought Snakes On A Plane Were Bad.

Start from the beginning

"Well, yes." He stated simply. "But I also wanted my little girl back, the girl I raised for two years on my own-"

"Because you killed my parents." I dared to interrupt him as I knew he wouldn't do anything to harm me in such a public place.

He smiled, albeit threateningly. "I killed your parents because they broke my rules. I could have done the same to you when you went straight back to Sherlock Holmes."

"I didn't have much of a choice." I argued through gritted teeth.

Moriarty shrugged with his hands. "You could have come to me, I would have helped you. Continued what Irene started."

I frowned over at him and finally voiced what I had been thinking for a long time. "Why didn't you do that to start with? Why dump me on Irene like... like..." I tailed off as I couldn't think of what to say.

He said nothing. Just looked at me with a blank expression, as if he was contemplating something. "Sentiment." He stated. "I cared too much. Like I did when you were little, that's why I had to give you up." Moriarty's eyes flicked to some movement behind me that I couldn't see and he put his glasses back on. "I couldn't have you ruining my career, or reputation for that matter."

With that Jim Moriarty walked away, leaving me sat there utterly gobsmacked. I took a couple of shallow breaths and wiped at my face a little. My phone must have gone off twice in my pocket but I didn't have time to read the messages as a man now stood just behind where Moriarty had been sat.

No doubt that was why he'd left in such a rush.

"Miss Byrne?" The man spoke in a gruff tone and I glanced up at him. "You need to come with me."

£700 Suit. Unarmed. Office Worker. Manicured Nails- Right Handed. Two Small Dogs- No, Three Small Dogs.

I quirked a smile. "What does Mycroft want now? Is it something Sherlock's done?" The man said nothing and held out an envelope to me. I snatched it from him and opened it up to find a plane ticket with my name on it.

Quietly I grabbed my coat and shrugged it on, the man led me to the door of the library and I just left my books on the table. I carried on following him as he took me outside where a black car was waiting.

When I ducked my head inside an angry looking Sherlock was sat there. "Oh, hey." I smiled and dropped into a seat, closing the door behind me. "So, a plane? Does this have anything to do with what you did for Irene?"

"There's going to be a bomb on a passenger jet." Sherlock answered bluntly but was directing it at the man in front rather than just me. "The British and American governments know about it but rather than expose the source of that information they're going to let it happen. The plane will blow up. Coventry all over again. The wheel turns. Nothing is ever new."

I frowned and turned to him. "What do you mean again?"

"Second World War, the Allies knew Coventry was going to get bombed because they'd decoded the German code but they didn't want the Germans to know, so they let it happen anyway." Sherlock explained and continued to stare out the window.

My mouth dropped open. "So, that's what this is? They're going to blow up a plane?"

"Potentially. Although the event in the Second World War is probably not true, it's what this plan is based on." Sherlock answered and twiddled his plane ticket between his fingers.

I sat back in my chair with a huff. "I knew there was a connection." I rubbed my eyes tiredly and sighed. I contemplated telling Sherlock of my talk with Moriarty, he needed to know, but he had a lot on his mind right now.