Twelve

The next morning Amanda woke up to get ready for school she went into the shower, blow dried her hair curled it a bit and changed for school. She didn't do her makeup but regretted it because her eyes were all red and puffy. She didn't smell breakfast like she did every day but later realized it was just her getting sick. She never got sick. But today she was all achy, tired and just wanted to go back to sleep. She went downstairs to watch the news but dozed off while sitting on the couch. Lana came back from walking the dog not much later it helped her clear up her mind and put her in a good mood.
She expected Mandy to be ready to go but instead found her sleeping. She didn't want to wake her up she looked so calm and peaceful. She ended up covering her with a blanket and calling her in sick.  Bruno curled up next to Amanda who was sound asleep while Lana cleaned up a bit. When Amanda finally woke up a few hours later, Lana was in her room replying to some work e-mails.
"Mom?!"
"Yeah baby?"
"I don't feel so good my body aches and my throat hurts" she said
"Alright Mandy go lie down in your room and i'll get you some cough syrup."
Amanda had never been sick when she was with Lana before. Lana had never taken care of a kid when they were sick let alone her kid. So she did what she liked when she was sick. She made Amanda chicken noodle soup, heated up a blanket in the dryer, made her some chamomile tea and got her cough drops and finally, she put on her favorite movie.
"Listen, Mandy i'm sorry if you took me suggesting that you move back in with your parents hurt your feelings it's just that I want what's best for you and I don't want you growing up with a hectic life it won't be good for either of us."
"I know but all I want is for us to be together. I just want to go with you to set that's why i'm going
to school only for one semester I don't want to be famous I just want to be with you and I don't care what anyone else wants me to do I just wanna be like you, mom." she said as she sipped her orange juice.
"I know sweetheart and I wouldn't want anything else but for it to be like that. You know Susan and David wouldn't want to hurt you. You just gotta look at it from their perspective."
"It's not even that mom. I love it here so much we have so much fun. I have good grades, good friends and good people who I can trust like Jen and Emily. I like the attention you give me because i'm your only baby."
"That's right you are my only baby." smiled Lana and she took off her shoes to watch a movie in Amanda's bed.
"Love you mom"
"Love you baby"

***
Three Weeks Later
"Mandy you almost ready?" asked Lana
"Yeah i'm putting my watch on!" she yelled from upstairs
"Baby we're going to be late!"
"I'm coming, i'm coming!" she said rushing down the stairs
Today was the court hearing. It was the day the judge decided if Amanda would stay with Lana or if she'd go with Susan and David.
"Alright, Amanda you don't say anything more than what the judge asks you alright?"  said Leah
"Yeah. Got it." she said as they were walking into the court.
"Mandy wait. No matter what happens today you know that I love you with all my being right? I regret not spending more time with you because you are such an intelligent young girl who I see myself in a little more everyday. You are my family, my only baby and no one not even the judge can change that."
"Mom stop you're acting like if you already lost me. We're in this together okay?"
"Alright baby let's show them how it's done" said Lana with a confident smile.
What they didn't know however, was that they had already lost the case.
Susan and David had full custody because Lana would be dragging the child back and forth and even taking her out of the country.
***
After the hearing.
"Leah, how could this happen?" sobbed Lana
"Lana, i'm sorry none of us expected this you know how hard we prepped for this case" she replied on the verge of tears. Leah sympathized with Lana because she herself had Penelope.
"What am I going to do now?" she asked herself
Amanda was her everything she was never going to get over this.
Amanda was automatically sent with her adoptive parents they were going to take her home immediately.
"C'mon mandy let's go home now" said Susan
"Home? I was home this morning your home is no longer my home, I don't belong there."
"You won't feel that way for long" smiled David sincerely as he grabbed his hand
"Don't touch me, atleast let me say goodbye to my mom" she said
Amanda ran outside to meet Lana.
"Mom! I don't want to leave you I don't want to go with them." she said tears running down her eyes.
"Honey it's okay don't let it get to you. We will get through this together no matter what we will always have each other" she said trying to hold back the tears and be strong for her.
"Mom no I don't wanna leave you what about Bruno?"
"We'll see honey this is only temporary. You know this won't be forever mandy you are a strong gi-"
"Ms.Parrilla you cannot be close to our daughter anymore you've taken her away for too long" said David pulling Amanda out of her arms.
"NO NO NO! MOM PLEASE DON'T LET THEM TAKE ME" she yelled
"You listen to me. You may have won the case and you may have her for now but she is my daughter and I will be dammed if I don't fight back. I will get her back and we will be together no matter what. She is my daughter and no one will change that." said Lana angrily to Susan and David.
She usually hadn't been a big believer in fait but she and Amanda had been reunited for a reason and even if they were meant to be separated she sure as hell was not going to let it happen.