Ten

Amanda made her way inside the school it was nice so far she went went to her locker attempting to open her locker which she got correct on the first time thankfully.
As soon as she walked into her first class, she knew it was going to be bad. Amanda saw the way the other people looked at her they all talked to each other and she, she didn't know anyone.
"Is she new?" one girl asked the other
"Obviously look at her" the other one said
What the hell? she asked herself she didn't even know these girls. "It's all good" she thought "I don't care what they think about me"
She sat in the front which was her preferred spot to sit since there were less distractions.
As she looked up, she saw someone unexpected Jared?
Jared and her had gotten super close on set since he was the closest to her age.
He looked around and saw Amanda in the front corner.
"Hey what are you doing here?"
"My mom said I need to do a semester here" he said sighing
"Yeah same" she smiled at least she wasn't alone anymore.
"Glad to see we're in this together" he said sitting in the seat next to her.
The class passed by quickly introducing each other, syllabus, and rules and expectations. Once third hour ended, Amanda made her way to the cafeteria once she was in, she looked around for Jared. She got tired of looking after ten minutes. "Great now I'm stuck here alone" she went to the lunch line and bought a fruit salad and a water bottle then she attempted to find a seat.
"Hey is anyone sitting here?" she asked a girl who was eating the same thing.
"Nope. Go ahead and sit"
"Thanks."
"You're new right?"
"Yeah how did you know?"
"I kind of figured by how lost you look. I'm Penelope by the way"
"Was it really that noticeable? I'm Amanda"
"Amanda what a nice name"
"Thanks I like your name too"
"Ha, thanks"
They talked the whole lunch period about their hobbies, favorite tv shows and makeup they had a lot in common.
"So if you've been going here since last year how come you're not sitting with a group of people like everyone else?"
"I used to but I don't really like the pressure of having to hangout every week or every so often I hate the thought of having to have a lot of friends and not one close friend. I see how there were people who had like two really good friends and one best friend a best friend that they could tell anything to. I think I have my expectations set way too high"
"You know what Penelope? I think I just found my best friend."
"Really?"
"Yup"
They rest of the day passed by slowly she hated geometry or anything to do with triangles for that matter she hated gym she didn't want to be sweaty in the middle of the day but she did like chemistry it was her favorite subject. School wasn't bad she was used to it she wasn't used to not knowing anyone but she thought that maybe that would change at least she had one friend maybe she'd make more.
At the end of the day on her way out she felt a tug on her book bag.
"Hey Amanda" said Penelope
"Hey you're heading out this way too?"
"Yeah my mom's picking me up you?"
"My moms picking me up too" said Amanda
They walked together to the parking lot where Lana was already parked.
"Hey baby who was that?"
"Oh that's a girl I met in lunch her names Penelope"
"Ooo your first friend?"
"Yeah barely"
"How was the rest of your day?"
"It actually wasn't bad it's not exactly thrilling but not bad"
"I felt so lonely around the house today without you baby girl what do you say we go pick Bruno up and take him to the dog park then go and get dinner?"
"Sounds awesome lets do it"
They drove home picked up Bruno along with his favorite ball and frisbee and a few treats.
Lana already felt the presence of paparazzi even through her sunglasses she saw and heard little lights flickering. She knew they meant no harm that it was their job but it was annoying at times. She had already taught Amanda how to talk to them and how not to talk to them.
Amanda wasn't even aware of the paparazzi she enjoyed spending time with Bruno in open air and didn't pay attention to anything else. Lana joined Amanda trying not to pay attention to the paparazzi they played with Bruno and let him sniff other dogs that were there.
Finally after two hours of being at the park, they left for dinner they decided to go to an American style restaurant that wasn't far from Lana's place. They bought spinach salads and lemonade which Amanda claimed was the best she had ever tried.

****

"I love those" said Lana pointing to a pair of hole-y black jeans
"They're so comfortable I should wear these tomorrow"
She laid out her clothes next to her vanity she was wearing the black jeans a plain gray t-shirt and her white converse.

In the morning after finishing getting ready, Amanda overheard the conversation her mom was having.
"So now I have to fight for legal custody? I don't want to have to do that Leah" she said on the phone. Who was Leah?
"Alright I'll be at your office in a few hours i'm just going to drop off Amanda and then I'll be on my way"
"Okay bye"

"Who was that mom?"
"Oh it was a friend I'm meeting up with her in a bit" smiled Lana
Amanda didn't even want to know anything she didn't want to stress herself over a little thing that couldn't even be about her or concern her.
"Alright what's for breakfast? I made omelette' and your protein shake"
"Not again with the protein shakes" sighed Amanda
"Mandy the doctor said that you need to eat more nutrients and need to take your vitamins so here vitamins and protein shake"
"Fine"
After breakfast Lana drove Amanda to school.
"Have fun baby girl I love you"
"Love you too mom" said Amanda hugging Lana.
Amanda went inside and saw Penelope standing near her locker.
"Hey Amanda"
"Hey Penelope"
"I've been up since 4 helping my mom organize some papers for her client who's like a celebrity or something she's fighting for custody of this girl. Anyways, I'm so tired I didn't even have time to straighten my hair." she sighed
"Wait is your mom Leah?"
"Leah Allen yeah why?"
"I think that's my mom"
"Your moms a celebrity?"
"I guess. She's on Once Upon A Time"
"Yeah then that's her you're talking about"
"What was the case about?"
"I'm not sure I can tell you I mean it's probably best for your mom to tell you"
"Oh c'mon Penelope please"
"Fine. Your adoptive parents want you to stay with them like full time they don't want you living with your birth mom they don't even want you to see her"
"Do you know why?" said Amanda astonished
"Not a clue. You okay?"
"Yeah I'm just confused as to why they did that. I mean I thought they were okay."
"Don't worry my mom will defend your mom it's what she does"
"A lawyer?"
"Yup. Don't worry you'll get through this"
Amanda just smiled would she? what if she was ripped away from Lana?
She was having such a good time with Lana she felt understood when she was with her. How could her adoptive parents have done this? Amanda couldn't focus for the rest of the day she felt knots in her stomach throughout the day she didn't want to leave Lana not after all her 14 and a half years of living.

A/N: I totally forgot how long it had been since I updated!  I'm sorry! I doubt this would get as many votes as it did a few months ago. I wanted to give you guys who are still reading this something to read.