II

"I don't know what's up there, beyond the sky, it's been a long time comin' but I know a change gon' come..." --- Sam Cooke, "A Change Gon' Come"

*

*

*

*

::Elijah Johnson::

"Oh Ray cut it out!" I shouted on our dirt bike as he dry humped me. Ray was my best friend but he was very unorthodox, inside out, and he often loved to play devils advocate. Though we were just friends, he loved to act as if I was his. Out of all the strange things about Ray, that was most confusing about him is that I didn't know if he was serious. We were in fact addicted to being around each other. We had grew an attachment as companions, it daunted me shitless that we were sinking into the type of relationship  where….we felt as though we might as well be together. The thought never scared Ray. Well Ray wasn't afraid of anything. I was always afraid of something dramatic happening, my gut told me to move a year ago…..that something evil was lurking. And well, nobody made me feel as fucked up about it as Ray. I guess it doesn't really matter. I guess I'm just fucked up in the head as he is. Now he has to deal with my looniness.

I ramble in my thoughts alot too.

Which sucks.

¤

As I stopped near the side of the road, where the cliff was, the sky was a deep purple with traces of orange.

"Its Beautiful." I grinned feeling my heart swell.

I felt someone looking at me and my eyes darted to my right…

Ray.

It's always Ray.

Nobody else in this whole entire universe…could  ever be here but….just Ray.

<.>

"It's.always. you."

"Do you want me to disappear?" Ray gripped my waiste, still staring up at the sky.

"I.…hate the anxiety that you will." I laughed as he  kissed my cheek.

"Stop worrying. Maybe someone will fall from the sky and love you better than I can." Ray took out a Newport and lit it.

"Ray you should quit smoking it's bad for you." I told him.

<>

I reached for his cigarette, but he didn't dodge or stop me just stood there in shock.

That wasn't like him at all.

□■

○●

□■

"Ray! You okay?" I asked waving my hand while he pointed to the sky, his lengthy hand shuddering.

[]

"Th-the fucking sky!" He exclaimed and I followed his gaze.

"Oh my God! It looks like more than a shooting star!"