Chapter Five

Tristan's Point of View:

I have been dreading hearing those words from her mouth ever since she came into the hospital. I know that she probably won't believe me when I say that what Linda said was a lie but I really hope she does. I will do anything she want even if she wants me to beg as long as I'll be forgiven.

"Yes, of course"

"Are you really getting married to that woman?" she questions in a cold unfeeling voice.

I flinch at how cold her voice sounds right now. I immediately cross the room to kneel before her.

"No, of course not"
She cut me off by asking, "why not she's beautiful?"

"Beautiful or not I've been trying to keep her away from me for months. I love you nobody else but you," I plead taking one of her hands, entwining her fingers with my own. I did a happy dance in my head when she doesn't pull away from me.

I expect her to scream at me, to shout, to tell me she doesn't believe me but I was utterly surprised to see the vulnerability in her eyes and the tears that was beginning to form. I can literally feel my heart clench painfully from seeing the tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry baby please," I beg "I will not marry anyone but you, you have to believe that"

She stays there staring at my eyes, searching for something. I don't know what it is she sees but I am soon in amazement by the big smile that settles on her face. Relieved I quickly attack her lips with my own. I kiss her with a passion, as if she is the air that I need to breathe or the sustenance that keeps me alive.

I very reluctantly pull away from her breathing heavily. I place my hand on her stomach a small smile on my face as she places her hand on top of my own.

"I can't lose you, I can't lose you or the baby," I surprise her by asking "let's get married?"

I am even more surprised she says, "Yes"

The past few days have been very hectic for me. I haven't seen Jessica since I dropped her off at home after ensuring that she was okay.

Unfortunately I had to fly out to Rome as soon as possible for an emergency meeting in regards to my business there. I didn't want to leave her there but I had no choice as she needed rest and couldn't come with me.

In the next half hour I will be back home and I couldn't wait to see Jess again. It's as if she has captured my heart and soul and now holds my entire being in her palms.

I've been thinking quite a lot about my future and all I can see is Jess with a baby in her arms. Every time I think about it I'm even more convinced that she's the one for me. I've never been happier than I am right now and it’s all thanks to Jess.

I pulled out my phone from my pants pocket and quickly inserted the password that's needed. I was just about to call Jess when I caught sight of her name flashing across my phone screen. I decided that I wouldn't let her know that I was coming because I wanted to surprise her but its really hard staying away from her. Deciding that I need to get some sleep I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes.

I pushed open the door of my penthouse and pull my suitcase behind me. After closing the door I place the key on the coffee table that's in front of me. I am just about to go into my room when I hear noises coming from behind the indoor swimming pool door. I listen closely but I don't hear anything again. Assuming that its just my imagination I decide to ignore it and start to take off my clothes, while walking over to my bedroom.

I am left in only my boxers when I hear a female voice singing. Now convinced that there's someone inside my home I make my way over to the room and open the door and I am in shock by what I am seeing. On the other side of the room there stands Jess in a plain black bikini.

I can already feel myself getting excited just from looking at her creamy skin. A smirk makes it way on to my face when I realize that she doesn't notice me. I slowly make my way across the room. This is going to be fun.