𝐕. 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

It was like any other day in the Cornell household, servants getting ready the lords and ladies ready for the day, cleaners making sure everything was spotless, chefs preparing the family's first meal

It was like any other day in the Cornell household, servants getting ready the lords and ladies ready for the day, cleaners making sure everything was spotless, chefs preparing the family's first meal. The only difference was the time of the day the first meal was served. It was very untypical of the family to have breakfast that late in the day, order and on time were things that the viscount was very adamant about.

The young daughter of the viscount saw nothing was served, and the more remarkable thing was the fact that she was the first one to arrive the dining hall. She knew she did not miss Hida's reminder about the change from breakfast to brunch. She definitely did not forget that. It was the first time they had brunch in years, she could hardly remember the previous time. Just as she was about to ask Hida about the meal, her brother came speed-walking into the hall, mumbling things about hunger. 

"Where are Mother and Father?" He turned to his sister who only shrugged. His disappointed expression never failed to amuse Aerwyna. It was subtle, but nothing that she could not notice. A quick frown with his back lightly hunched forward and then instantly returning to his normal posture, hoping no one noticed. It was something he had been doing since the day he understood the duties of being the heir of the title. That day was also the day he stopped being playful, stopped engaging in a game of knights and princesses with Aerwyna and started becoming serious like their father.

"You are allowed to frown and be disappointed, Anchor. You don't have to act like a man all the time, at least in front of me." Aerwyna told her brother. "Anyways, while we are waiting, I've been wondering how in the bloody hell did you manage to get your hands on that house?"

"Language, Wyna." Anchor remarked. "Well, dear sister. That is for me to know, and you to find out." Aerwyna could not help but let out an unladylike groan while her brother smirked. The siblings surprised their parents with a trip in the outskirts of Manchester. Anchor volunteered to make arrangements for the accommodation while Aerwyna planned the surprise.

"Why so mysterious? Is it someone I shouldn't know? Or is it something that you've done that no living thing should know?" She pressured him. She knew her brother well, too well even. Pressuring him would make him nervous, making him nervous would cause him to talk non-stop and causing him to talk non-stop would end with the truth she had been waiting for. Aerwyna watched her brother tense up as she took a step closer to him, seeing him getting weaker and weaker with every step she took.

"Alright fine! Aerwyna! You win!" The heir to the viscountcy exclaimed with his hands up in surrender. "Do you remember George?"

Her heart dropped a little, just a little. Of course she remembered George, the second son of Viscount Chilston. How could she forget the boy with the side-swept blonde hair, who was also known as her first love? Love was too strong of a word to describe him; Aerwyna was his secret admirer. "What about him?"

"He was the one who helped me find the house. His third cousin owns the house and was more than happy to offer his home to Mother and Father."

"How very nice of him."