"I think it's a panic attack. He can't breathe."

Mikayla's glare softened but, it could have been the poor lighting. "Keep Nelly."

"What?" asked Cameron.

Daxton smiled. He remembered. "She's trained." He answered weakly. Nelly looked at him when he spoke. Daxton stared into her soulful brown eyes and smiled. Nelly stretched forward and put her head in the crook of his neck. Her paws went on either side of Daxton. He sighed as he felt his body relax from the warmth and pressure of Nelly's hug. It was crazy how easily his body began to calm down.

He said nothing more to his brother or Mikayla. He simply sat against the bench hugging Nelly with his eyes closed. It felt like hours passed before the pain in his chest dissipated and his breathing levelled out. Once Nelly felt he was okay again, the dog jumped off the bench and moved to sit beside her owner.

Mikayla's hand sought out Nelly's head instantly and she smiled softly when Nelly pushed her head closer to her leg.

"That was incredible," whispered Cameron.

"Thank you," said Daxton. His throat still hurt.

"You're welcome."

Suddenly, a loud yell came through the open doorway. "Mickey!" Daxton's eyebrows quirked.

"What's Annabelle doing here?" he asked. Mikayla shuffled around nervously. "Why'd you call her Mikayla?"

"I'm not wanted here."

"What shit is that?" admonished Cameron.

"Ask your brother."

"I never said you weren't wanted."

"You're doing nothing to make me feel otherwise."

He gulped.

"What the hell happened between you two?" asked Cameron. He looked around the room. "Is she the reason you trashed the place?"

"What are you talking about?" asked Mikayla.

Cameron whistled. "Be glad you can't see Mickey. You'd be so disappointed. He thrashed everything. It's a war zone."

"Wha-"

"There you are," called out Annabelle. Trailing behind her was Nick. Both were dressed casually, and Daxton had to actually do a double take. He hadn't seen Nick wear casual sweatpants and a shirt in years. It was odd. He couldn't help but smile with pride though.

"Looking good dude," he said with a smirk.

Nick smiled broadly. "Thanks, Belle got it for me." Nick turned to smile at his wife who stood fretting over Mikayla. The sight brought Daxton back to his troubles.

He stood up carefully and walked until he was only a few inches away from Mikayla.

"What happened Mickey? Are you hurt, or did some-"

"Don't go," he whispered.

"I have no reason to stay." She answered quietly.

"You have plenty."

Mikayla snorted. "Oh yes, to be a pawn in your scheme. I shouldn't forget my role in all this."

"You agreed to it."

"I didn't say I was quitting but, I don't need to be here to do it."

He frowned. "What about us?"

Mikayla's expression turned dark instantly. "There is no us. Isn't that what you said earlier?"

He shoulders dropped. "I didn't mean it. I was angry."