Cap gave a playful smirk "you ain't gotta ask" He said "sure, but you gotta split some of what you made for Ellison with me" Cap said. Chyna chuckled and Cotton puffed out his cheeks slightly angered but he stayed silent and sulked to himself. "sure thang" Chyna said, heading towards the house as Cap rose beside her.

Chyna rode along with Cap and Cotton through the grey and sepia trees. Her arms nestled around Cap's waist  and the basket of food hanging from her elbow. At their side, rode Cotton whistling an upbeat tune. "you know about last night" Cap said as they rode along. Chyna side glanced, assuming she was going to receive her first lecture. "took a bit a balls, or whatever you's women has" Cap said. Chyna blinked in surprise before laughing "or whatever us women has?" she asked. Cap glanced over his shoulder at her. 

Chyna caught a glimpse at his milky eye and offered a soft smile. Cap gave a crooked smile, his vision may have been foggy, but he sure saw that.

"yeah" Cap said. "of course, Chyna's real brave!" Cotton cheered "nobody else woulda got there so fast" he added. Chyna gave an embarrassed smile "I dunno about brave...Tolbert had me shaking in my knees after ya'll arrived...I just-" Chyna paused and looked down "I just wanted to make sure Johnse was ok, for all your sakes" She said. Cap chuckled "you're gonna fit right in" He said in an almost content tone. Chyna arched a brow, but she could feel herself smiling anyway.

Cap rode through the Timberlands with a stone face as he looked straight ahead his eyes glued to Ellison whom he could spot working on a tree with Selkirk McCoy. the displeased murmurs from the other men on the mountain at the site of Cap and Chyna sharing a horse buzzing in his ears. Cotton cheeks red from anger shot soft glares at some of them men, but his fervor would deflate the moment he would receive one back.

Chyna sunk down lower on the horse. Cap placed a hand over hers which rested clamped around his waist, pulling at the fabric. "easy, you're alright" He murmured quietly. Chyna inhaled and nodded relaxing her hands. "just don't listen" He advised.

Ellison and Selkirk moved out of the way as the Tree gave way from its trunk "Timber!" Selkirk called out as it fell backwards and to the side. Cap, Chyna, and Cotton covered their eyes and turned away from the wood splinters. 

Chyna looked up at Cap in wonder. "how can he stay workin' up here after nearly lossing his eye once already" she thought. Cap clicked his heels into the sides of his horse and moved forward.

Ellison looked up to see Cap, Cotton and Chyna. A large grin came to his face as he dusted his hands on his pants and jogged over to them. Cap dismounted before helping Chyna get down herself. "I've tol' you I can do it myself!" Chyna barked quietly as not to draw attention to the fact that she was talking back. Cap smirked and shook his head "not with that large basket you ain't" He said slipping his thumbs into his belt and shifting his weight to one side. 

"Ey, Uncle Ellison" Cap greeted with a tip of his hat. "Cap, good to see ya" Ellison greeted back. He looked between Chyna and Cotton who had gone to her side. He crossed his arms and sighed "what brings you up here?" He asked casually. He tried to sound as a relaxed as possible, however, you could see it in his eyes and in the silly grin that was on his face, that he was thrilled to have them there.

"you went an' forgot your lunch" Chyna said. Unlike Ellison, she reacted as if it was a normal occurrence. but she arched one brow and lowered the other. "Odd, being that you've never done it before" she said. her voice dropping hints. She had figured out on the ride up there that he'd left it on purpose. Ellison laughed softly and squinted his eyes at her offering a gentle smile. "yeah, how 'bout that" He said reaching to take the basket from her hands his fingertips lightly caressed her own. Chyna shivered and the small bit of warmth from his fingertips seemed to spread up her whole arm.

"you cause me extra work this way monsiuer" Chyna said with a reproachful sigh. Ellison's smile only grew. Cap watched them in silence, his face stoning over again as he scanned  his eyes around. Something was making him feel sick down in his core. He didn't want to invade on the two of them, but he couldn't make himself leave either. Ellison glanced over at Cap sensing the air changing around him. "so" Ellison asked drawing Cap's attention. "how's everything with your brother?" He asked him.

Cap frowned "he's a blockhead what else? ain't nothin' changed" Cap said dryly. " he ain't got as much sense as the hinny" Cap added. Ellison chuckled. "give him some slack, she's a pretty girl, and love makes a man do strange things" Ellison said. Chyna found herself frowning and her eye twitched in annoyance. "pretty girl huh?" she muttered in spite of herself. Ellison turned to her in shock blinking a few times before laughing "well I don't believe it" He sighed after calming himself down. Chyna leered at him "what? I- I ain't said nothin!" she stammered in her embarrassment. Cap rubbed the tip of his nose "ah hell," he said in disgust "Chyna's prettier than that McCoy blooded fast trick" Cap said. Ellison and Chyna both turned to looked at him.  Ellison watched him with a flat gaze. What did he just?

"that ain't very nice Cap" Chyna scolded covering her shock. "Roseanna's got a good heart, it ain't her fault she was born into this mess" Chyna reasoned. Ellison finally managed to smile but stood closer to Chyna "right, I can tell she ain't no bad person" He said. Cap scratched his cheek "fine, but you can't ignore where she comes from" He reasoned.

Looking over to Ellison, who for a brief moment gather a hardened look in his eyes, Cap realized he might have let something slip out that he shouldn't have. Turning his gaze away it fell on Tom who was headed towards him with a Grin. "Hey Skunk hair!" Cap called putting on the widest grin he could conjure up He tipped his hat to Chyna, Cotton, and Ellison "bye Cap!" Cotton called "see ya latter" Chyna called out quietly as to not appear overly friendly in front of onlookers. Ellison, however, said nothing.