Chapter 7 - First Touch

Start from the beginning

"Answer me" Aaron scolds, giving my had a slap, making me glare at him. Before I can anwer, Ollie and Peter walk in, Ollie letting out a small squeal and rushing to my side, "No touching" Aaron stops him, making him pout.

Ollie turns to me, "You're mean! You scared the shit out of me!"

I roll my eyes, "Because I totally asked to get attacked by a group of rogues" I scoff, looking down at my abdomen, "Wait, I'm bleeding? Why am I bleeding? Aren't I supposed to be heali-"

"No" Aaron interrupts and swallows tightly, looking away from me when I turned to him, "You were bleeding so much and you looked in pain..." he trails off before clearing his throat again, "James sedated you. It stoped your healing, but it worked in keeping you still."

"Huh" I murmur, letting my head sink back against the sheets. I stare at the ceiling for a couple of seconds before it hits me and my eyes snap to Aaron as my heart races, "Harriosn. Where's Harrison?" I demand, though I could clearly remember the rogue holding him by his neck. "Where's Harrison?" I snarl when he doesn't answer me.

"His family" Aaron murmurs softly, meeting my gaze as sorrow covers his expression, "We brought his body back. His burial is tomorrow noon."

I clench my jaw as I turn away from him, glaring at the wall. How fucked up was this- I was in a hospital bed and Harrison was... Fuck. I was going to find those two fuckers and I would tear them apart. "I can't just sit here" I snarl, sitting up on the bed as a shudder of pain made me feel lightheaded. "I'm not just going to sit here."

"I can't let you leave" Aaron murmurs as he crosses his arms, "You were hurt pretty bad, Milo. You almost bled out. It was bad if that could've happened." He straightens his shoulders, You're staying until you heal."

"James said the mating mark would speed up the process but Will doesn't want to even touch the bed you're on" Cody says from behind Aaron.

Huh.

My eyes travel to my mate, who was openly glaring at Cody, and I suddenly remember the touch against my hand. He touched me- he'd touched me. Will had wanted to hold my hand, I remember. It made my chest feel warm at the first touch he'd ever given me- consciously. What I wouldn't give to feel his hand with mine again. That would be our little secret, though.

.

Only an hour later and I was leaving the room, about ready to punch Aaron. So far, I'd gotten a couple visits and cards, and my mom had visited, but I hadn't seen my dad. I hadn't even heard from him so if he didn't want to come to me, I couldn't go to him. I just wanted out of that room.

August and Dexter came just before I had enough of that room. It was easy to say they only irritated me more with their presence. My leg hurt every time I took a step, but a couple hours later, I was tired of that room. It was dark out when we leave the pack hospital and even if I was hungry, I didn't want to be around others. Aaron helps me to my room and eventually tell him to fuck off when he tries to pamper me. Still, my thoughts go to my mate and as I sink on the sheets, staring up at the ceiling, I wonder if I had imagined the touch or not. I really wish I hadn't- fuck please don't be a dream again.

I still wondered about the two betas, which made me angry all over again- I couldn't protect a pack member. As much as I didn't want to, and hated, I had to admit my dad had been right. Who was I fooling? He hadn't given me my title for a reason. Maybe this was it. Fuck, even then the humiliation of the other Alphas would fucking burn my pride- possibly the pride of this pack along with mine. Dammit.

The next day, I didn't wake up for breakfast- because I wasn't ready to face my dad. Instead, I laid in bed the whole morning until it was noon and I reluctantly stood to wash up. My body still ached when I moved, but it was tolerable and I could now feel my wolf in my subconscious, as guilty as I felt. I dressed in a pair of very dark jeans as well as a black long sleeve. I was too angry to comb my hair so I only brushed it back and hoped for the best. By the time I arrive close to our cemetery, with Aaron beside me because the others had already gone, it was a little full. It made my throat clog when I heard the unmistakable sound of cries.