What's Love Got to do With it? (11)

Start from the beginning

"Rafaella, your boobs are leaking!" I shrieked, exhsasperated by the fact that she didn't get my mad charades skills. Rafaella blushed before quickly pulling her sweater closed across her chest.

"Oh, yeah, sorry that happens a lot." She replied meekly, her face flushing beet red. Eww.

I felt Ezra stiffen beside me in discomfort, and at the moment, I felt just about the same.

"Yeah, so Ezra and I gotta go, it was nice talking to you, I'll call you lat-

"Wait, don't go yet, there was something else I needed to talk to you about." Rafaella pleaded, cutting me off hastily. Ezra sighed impatiently beside me.

"Ok, shoot." I urged Rafaella, slightly nervous about what else she needed to say. I mean, I didn't want to have to call 911 if Ezra lost his patience and strangled her.

"Well Harry and I are trying to see if we can make a relationship work, you know, for Rocky's sake, and he wanted to take me out tonight, like on a date."

"Um, that's great! Do you need to borrow clothes or something?" I asked, while pleading her answer would be 'no', I really did not like the idea of someone else's breast milk soaking up my clothes.

"No, I have an outfit already." Rafaella answered hesitantly, a nervous smile on her face. Well, at least I don't have to worry about buying a new wardrobe. I should have focused more on her nervous undertone, however, or the way her eyes wouldn't directly meet mine, but why would I be lucky enough to notice those things? Because if I was lucky at all, I would have realized what was about to come and bolted through that parking lot like I was a fat lady in a grocery store going for the last low-fat twinkie.

"I was wondering if you and Ezra would babysit for me tonight?" Rafaella blurted out quickly, her eyes pleading with me to say yes. Hah! Fat chance! I rather wrestle the fat lady for the twinkie.

Ezra sucked in a deep breath beside me, grabbing a hold of my hand and squeezing for dear life. His eyes were wide and pleading. Well, I guess I know what his answer is. I looked back at Rafaella, totally ready to tell her a "hell- mother-fucking no!", when she started giving me that same look Fruit Loop gives me when I eat fast food in front of him. Crap.

"Um, Rafaella, I don't know. You see, I don't have a lot of experience with kids, cause.... I don't really like them. And Cara never let's me babysit" not that I would ever ask to, "cause once I fed the kid candy and then he got really hyper and threw up, and when she brought him home he had diarrhea or something. So..... I don't think you want me anywhere near your kid... because I might accidentally kill him." I spoke sheepishly, yet with a completely serious undertone in my voice, because honestly, everything I just said is true, I am a horrible baby-sitter. And don't even ask me about the time I volunteered at the old people's home, several of them still have restraining orders out against me.

"But, Rocky's easy to take care of, all you feed him are his baby bottles and I already have him on a pooping schedule so you should only need to change him twice. Plus, he doesn't move much, or cry at all really. Please, Carmella, my mom's busy and you're the only one I would trust to do this for me." Rafaella pleaded, desperation in her eyes. I sighed, I really did feel bad for her, but I felt Ezra clamp down on my hand harder, signaling me to stay strong. Hey! How did he know I would be so weak?!?

"Really, Rafaella, I want to, but I don't think this is a good-"

"Please Carmella, I have a baby which equals no social life. I haven't been out in ages, and this is the father of my child we're talking about. I need this to work, please Carmella, I'm begging you, and your mom really thinks this would be great for you two, kind of like practice for after you graduate." Rafaella begged, tears brimming at her eyes as she became even more flustered.