Chapter 6

I'm worried. I haven't gotten anything from Leo since our silent phone call earlier. Something was seriously wrong with him. What if he is hurt?

I decided to wait until I fly back to London to see what was going on.

The next morning, I immediately get on the plane to London. During the flight, I try calling Leo and I get no answer. This was so unusual. I've never had anything happen like this.

I touch down in London a few hours later. I arrive home to see that Leo is not there. I start to get scared. Something must have happened to have our phone call be cut short. The home phone begins to ring just then. I pick it up and click the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Kate Winslet?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"This is the London hospital."

Why is the hospital calling me?

"We have been trying to get a hold of you all night and this morning. Leonardo DiCaprio is in a coma."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"Apparently, he was in a car accident last night. The police found his cell phone at the scene of the crash. He had you on the caller ID."

Leo is hurt. I need to see him now.

"Yes, he was on the phone with me when the line suddenly went dead."

"The accident was the cause of this."

"When can I come in to see him?"

"He should be out of surgery in about and hour. You can see him afterwords."

"Alright, thank you for letting me know. I will be in soon."

"Not a problem, Ms. Winslet."

I hang up the phone and throw it across the kitchen in a rage. Who could have crashed into him? Or did he hit a tree? No matter what happened, I was glad that he was still alive. I love him too much to lose him so quickly.

For the next hour, I cried into the pillow on my bed until I had to drive to the London hospital to see Leo.