Chapter 2

I wake up the next morning to the sound of the doorbell ringing. Leo is finally here! I quickly go downstairs and open the front door.

"Leo!"

"Hi, Kate. I got here as fast as I could," he replies.

"I'm so glad you're here," I say as I wrap my arms around him in a hug.

"Anything for you," Leo exclaims, kissing my forehead.

We then hear footsteps pounding down the stairs. "Leo!" My daughter Mia shouts.

All 3 of my children hug Leo at once.

"Its very nice to see all of you."

"What are you doing here?" Joe asks.

Leo glances at me. He then answers, "I just wanted to visit. I missed you all so much."

Later that day, I had taken the kids to my mom's house so I could spend some time with Leo. I got back home a few minutes later to see him relaxed on the couch watching TV.

"You're back already?"

"Yeah, my mom's house isn't that far from here."

I sit down next to him on the couch and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Oh, Leo. I should have known sooner. I always suspected something. He always came home after midnight when I knew he was off of work at 6:00. I just........"

I stopped talking when I started to cry. I then sobbed loudly. Leo pulled me closer to him and I leaned into him more.

"It's ok. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere," he says, softly kissing the top of my head. "You're going to make it through this."

Leo was right. I am going to make it through this. And I'm going to do it with him by my side.

"Would watching a movie cheer you up a little?" Leo whispers after an hour of tears.

"Sure," I respond. "I'll be right back. The DVDs are in a stack by the TV."

I get up and go to the bathroom so I could wash my face and blow my nose. After doing so, I felt much better.

I head back out to the living room to see Leo looking right at me with the Titanic DVD in his hands. I laugh, shaking my head at his pick.

"How about a little throwback?"

Anything is better than crying all day, I think to myself.

"Why not? Let's do it."

Leo places the DVD in the VCR and we watch the movie, covered up with a blanket. Soon after it ends, we both fall asleep.

I open my eyes an hour later to see that it was late. I look over at Leo, still sleeping.

"Thank you," I whisper.

I smile as I close my eyes and fall asleep once again.