Chapter 4

Leo and I went on our first date a week later. I get myself into a short red dress with silver sparkling heels. I put on very minimal makeup. I didn't want to overdo it.

"Kate, are you coming?" I hear Leo call from downstairs.

"Yes, I'm coming right now," I reply.

I start to head downstairs after I get done curling my hair. I was about halfway down when I hear Leo's voice.

"Wow."

I look up to see him staring at me. I go down the remainder of the stairs and walk up to him.

"You look beautiful," Leo says, pecking my lips.

"You look great yourself."

Leo was dressed in a fancy suit with a bow tie, something that he would normally wear to a red carpet event or award show. He looked even more handsome than usual.

"Thank you," he responds.

We walk out to the car just as it starts to rain. We get to the restaurant and quickly head inside.

"Reservation under the name DiCaprio," Leo says to the usher at the main entrance.

The usher checks his computer.

"Right this way, please," he says in return.

We follow the butler hand-in-hand to our reserved seat. We sit down and order our drinks, which come a few minutes later. By then we were ready to order our dinner.

"Well," Leo starts. "We have a little bit until our food comes. What have you been up to lately?"

I give Leo a confused look.

"What do you mean? I've been hanging out with you."

"I mean before I showed up. Before that crazy mess happened."

I think to myself for a minute before I give him an answer.

"Well, we had just finished filming Collateral Beauty."

"Wonderful! How did that go?" Leo asks.

"It went great! Working with Will Smith was an amazing opportunity for me. He is such a stupendous actor."

"Awesome. What else?"

"The Dressmaker had just went into theaters in America before you arrived. Did you get the chance to see it?"

"No, I haven't. I have seen the trailers. It looks like a good film."

"Oh, it is! I had so much fun on set. Liam Hemsworth is an amazing actor as well."

"I'm glad you've been having fun. You deserve a lot now more than ever."

He lightly places his hand on top of mine.

"And I know that I can give it to you."

Just then, our dinner arrives. We continue our conversation as we eat, falling deeper in love every second.