Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

Slowly, he approached the bed, his gaze on Federico, whose interest seemed to reside in the slick gun in his hand. The younger man rotated it in his hands a few times. He held it up to the light and a smile crossed his face, a smile that mirrored one of a woman who was holding her baby for the first time.

"I can't imagine how happy you'll be when your wife has a baby," Dominic laughs and sits on the edge of the bed, forcing it to dip underneath his weight. Federico pulled the gun down, an unreadable expression on his youthful face.

"These are my babies," His hand motions towards every single weapon that decorates the bed. "And they're the only babies I plan on having for a while."

"Good," Dom smiles, "I don't feel like being an uncle just yet."

Dominic immediately regretted what he said, but Federico had already turned his attention back to the multitude of weapons that lay out before him. He was like a kid in a candy store. If Rico found Dom's previous statement odd, he didn't let on to it and in a way, he didn't need to. Dominic, Liam, and Federico had established the fact they although they weren't brothers by blood, they were as close as they could be.

"What do you think about me getting another tattoo?"

Dominic zoned back in to the conversation, watching as Federico dropped the gun to the bed and stared directly at him. The door to the bathroom opened quietly as a dripping wet Luciano stepped out, a towel fluffing up his hair. Water cascaded down his chest, slipping into the waistline of his boxer-briefs. He hadn't finished drying off because he had taken this perfect opportunity to emerge himself into the conversation.

"If it involves my name and your dick, I don't suggest it."

Liam shoots Rico a genuine smile before running the towel down his chest and wrapping it around his waist for good measure. He was by no means naked, but his briefs clung to him, defining every part of his lower body pristinely. "Now, if you ladies will excuse me, I have to go get dressed," He turns to walk out the room, "And Dom, I suggest you do so too. We're running late."

After Liam's temporary departure, Dominic stands. He did have to go get dressed, ready, and mentally prepared for this evenings activities. He nods upwards at Rico, "If you want another tattoo, go for it, but don't be that guy that gets a lip-stick stain tattoo on his neck."

Dom had been anticipating a laugh, a smirk, hell, even the twitching of Federico's lips would've been enough for him, but he got nothing. Rico's lips remained pursed and his eyes floated upwards and over his own shoulder, something behind him having captured his attention. Suddenly, Rico was moving. He scrambled over the bed, snagged the television remote that was resting harmlessly on a pillow, and jammed his finger multiple times into a certain button.

Dominic turned on his heel and stepped forward, the news report having also caught his attention. The blonde reporter on screen with short hair and bright red lips had both the men's attention and not for a good reason.

"Nearly a month ago, Ryan Costello was murdered in one of the biggest sports arenas in the Los Angeles area. Over the past few weeks the LAPD have been questioning terrified witnesses who were inside and outside the arena." The mature woman smiled into the camera and took a step to the side. It was nighttime and the arena lights illuminated where she stood, "And earlier today, our police chief, Harold Worthier, broke the case." And with a smile, she was cut from screen.

Lights surrounded the podium as a group of people and city officials gathered behind the Police Chief, waiting and watching. An older man with greying hair and a receding hairline stood up on a podium, overlooking a crowd of mainly reporters and picture takers. Freckles lined his cheeks and his skin was pale. He squinted as his deep voice bellowed out to the crowd of people that worked for news stations; from NBC, CBS, Channel 5, CNN, and more.