The Writer

The writer glared down at her screen, her brain straining to think up an idea for the next part in her story. She had the first few chapters sent out, of course, and the end of the book was already written, but for some reason she was stuck in the middle, which may have been one of the most important parts.

Although the author was a stubborn girl, she was never above asking for help. She thought up a quick and clever way to ask her readers for their opinions, a way to put their feedback into her story. If they responded to her plea, they would have a chapter dedicated to them (once the author learned how to dedicate chapters, that is). She would mention them by name, tell people to go read their stories - of course, people can be unpredictable. You can dangle a million dollars in front of their very noses and they won't reach out and grab it, just because they feel too tired to lift their arm.

The writer brought up a new page on her phone, her fingers dashing across the letters spread across the small screen. Worlds spun from her fingertips as she wrote, lives were made with each sentence she completed. At the end of her chapter, she began her message, a small smile on her face as the words appeared before her:

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not updating in a while, and I'm gonna explain why! Have you ever heard of writers block? Well, that's what I have. Horrible disease, really. I don't think it's terminal, but you never know...

In order to cure this disease, I need ideas. Lots of them. What do you guys want to see in this book next? Why significant memory to you want Lily m to write about? Remember, with each entry I post we get closer and closer to Harry being born! I am super excited for that chapter, but there are a few more to go before we get there.

Here is my request - my plea, if you will. I'm asking you to comment on this part one memory you want me to write. You can send me a message too, just make sure you do it! This story has over 400 reads, and I know that at least a few of my readers have some suggestions for me. If you do participate, who knows? Maybe your idea will get featured!

If I use your idea, I will dedicate the chapter to you and try and send a bunch of people over to your profile to any works you may have published. Plus, I'll read your book myself! So PLEASE, take part in this! I really want to post another part but I can't without ideas!

The author grinned down at her phone and hit the Publish button, sending her question off to the world. She hoped that her readers, who she loved so much, would answer her plea for help and come to her aid. After all, who would she be without them? No one, really. They motivated her to keep on going, to keep on writing. They had never disappointed her, and she hoped that they didn't start right now. It would break her nerdy little heart.